32: Just when it Matters A Little

A/n: imma be honest, I can't update every day. I don't do schedules because I physically can't hold myself to it, but I know chapters will be 'every other day'. (And have a 🧇!)
—Waffle

"Are you guys ready?" Aizawa asked when we finished training.

"I guess I am," I said hesitantly.

"For the exam?" Shinso nervously looked away, "It'll be a struggle..."

"(Y/n), I know you'll make it," Aizawa said before he turned to Shinso, "And you should stop doubting yourself. I saw how you applied to general studies as well, there is really no need."

"But—!" Shinso but his tongue, knowing he was still practically talking to a pro, "I've got a villainous quirk—"

"You're telling me that," Aizawa rolled his eyes coldly, "You've gotta show people what your quirk can do, not the other way around."

Shinso frowned, not fully understanding that sentence.

It was an early evening. It was one of those days for me, so I was already in a comfortable sweater and comfy pants, hanging with Dorothy as we watched some anime. Who knew Dorothy liked to watch shows? I did, cause she's chatty.

"Hey, I'm out late tonight," Aizawa told me.

"Oh," I got up, Dorothy stepping away from me annoyedly. "Should I change—"

"Not like that," Aizawa said quickly, "I'll be out," he cleared his throat, "With people, drinking."

I blinked.
"...really?"

"If that's uncomfortable I can stay home—"

"It's fine," I shook my head with a sheepish smile, "I don't wanna stop you from being social and all that."

Aizawa gave me a smile. "Thanks, but really, if it's making you uncomfortable, even slightly, just tell me."

"It's okay," I sat back down, "Just don't get home drunk and beat me up—"

"What if I stayed with Mic tonight?"

I gave him a teasing look.
"With your boyfriend?"

Aizawa visibly stopped working. You could see the error his brain had.

Dorothy sneezed and a laugh escaped me.
"Rude," Dorothy muttered, and I didn't know that was because I was laughing at her, or because of my teasing.

"I— right, I'll be with Mic then." Aizawa turned around and left.

It didn't take long for me to get a text from Aizawa saying where I could find snacks, who I could call and all that stuff.

"He never sends me texts," Dorothy said annoyedly.

"You don't have a phone," I pointed out and Dorothy huffed at me.

We watched the show.
I grabbed some snacks, gave Dorothy something she could have and I fell asleep for a short while.

I woke up because of a phone call.

Dorothy was fast asleep. The living room was still lit and I wondered why nobody turned off the lights. Oh that's right, nobody was home and I kinda fell asleep so...

I picked up my ringing phone.

"Hello Vigilante."

"Wrong number dickhead. You woke me up for this bullshit!!"

There was a slight pause before there was a voice again.
"The kid with purple hair, you've got an hour. We'll see you in an hour, got that?"

The call ended and I sighed.
Whoever that was didn't fall for my tricks. Let's get serious then. I hurried to my room, grabbing myself a mask and cloak. It would be just me tonight, just the way I like it.