6: Job opportunities!

(Aizawa's pov, kinda?)

Aizawa got a call from a detective.
He left school, not sparing the class an explanation. He had to see the scene for himself.

He knew the building had blown up. He as well wondered why. It was just an old building, and no suspicious activity had been there, ever.
It was simply strange that it just blew up out of nowhere.

As he looked around the scene that morning he saw something underneath the dust and rubble.
Half the building was still there, a lot of it had caved in with a black spot where the explosion had started.
Putting on the plastic gloves the detective had given him, Aizawa crouched down and pushed away some of the rubble.

"You found something?" Detective Tsukauchi asked.

"Maybe..." Aizawa shoved the rubble aside, his eyes widening when it was a vigilante's mask.
A whole set of clothes was left... and a school uniform?
He had ran into the vigilante a few times. He had tried to catch her, but to no avail. She'd make a great hero, but a great villain as well, which was why he kept his distance, trying not to make her hate heroes too much.
He got worried. The vigilante was young. A student, apparently.

His concern only raised as he got up, the mask still in his hands. What if she got blown up by the building? Had they searched the area? Was anyone found? Why were the clothes left behind?
"Someone's been here."

The detective, not really familiar with the area, raised an eyebrow, "Do explain...?"

After that, the hero decided he had a lot on his plate and, instead of taking a nap, he decided to go on patrol. At least he should make himself useful while taking a moment to himself, he decided.
It was late afternoon when he found himself in need of some sleep. Just when he decided to go home, he found someone on a rooftop.
Someone with a mask, not a hero, not a villain.
Her sleeves were showing blood and vaguely he could see cut marks.

Was this that one vigilante?
She wasn't hurt too badly he hoped.
He was relieved to see her still alive and... well, hardly alive by the looks of it.
Did she get enough sleep?

He decided to just check in on her. Make sure she really was alright. After all, she made sure this neighbourhood was a lot safer. It's the least he could do... despite legally having to arrest her...

His cat was a poor enough excuse to look depressed. And sure, he was depressed that the cute little black cat left so quickly, but it shouldn't stop him from being a hero. He was just so tired.
Eventually he watched her run off. She was limping... still, she looked around the streets, even if her leg was hurt.
Despite the vigilante being hurt, Aizawa was reassured. The vigilante seemed fine enough. He would have to check in more regularly, just to be sure. Maybe she'd find the cat for real? Or she'd figure out more about the kid Tsukauchi had seen. He hoped things would work out for him.

When Aizawa went home he was finally able to assure Dorothy the cat would live... though, he still wasn't sure...

I saw him looking when I walked off. I tried my best not to limp, but failed at even that.
At least I was a good searcher. I found the cat! Also, I found the abused child!
Look! She's walking right here!

But I wasn't going to say that out loud and just walked, taking the moment for myself until Aizawa left, I assumed he just went to his apartment. I guessed he might be trying to catch me break a law, but I never really broke large ones. The most I could get was... a year in a cell... that's a lot, so he technically could catch me do something illegal, but—

I stopped being anxious and loud to myself and walked down the streets into a part of the town I knew I could find more trouble. People avoided this area, and I knew of some undercover cops trying to gather information there.
I am gonna be honest, I wanted information as well.