27: Chimera

"Whoa..." I frowned at the large hall. I had gotten passed the chicken today and had ended up in the basement.
Wait that sounds dark—

I meant to say that like... drugs base?
Yeah okay, I can't fix that sentence.
Okay let's start over.

Late one night I had found myself running from Pro hero Hawks. Of course I was headed to the drugs base to look for clues on how to get every single person of that idiot criminal group caught.
Most of the drugs base I had escaped from before was empty. Possibly because the heroes had already caught them, or because they knew the heroes would soon.

Either way, I looked around with interest. Surely they had a lab here. Otherwise they wouldn't have random tests laying around to use on random vigilantes, which they had drugged me with.

My footsteps echoed in the hall while I looked up at the tall ceiling.

My foot stepped on something.
Ah... drugs, isn't it?

I picked up the small plastic bag, inspecting the white powder inside.

A yawn escaped me and I paused.

Was I yawning... on the job?

What had I become? Some lazy ass— I huffed at my own attitude and walked on.

After a few hallways I found a lab. I inspected the different projects. There was loads of evidence, so I didn't touch it. I just looked, with my eyes. What I did take though, was a random very specific mask and cloak when I found them.

"Gotcha!" I whispered and hid them underneath the simple cloak I was wearing at that moment.

I walked out, knowing it was late enough, in about thirty minutes Aizawa would wake me up for breakfast. For whatever reason he wanted me to go to school and would eat breakfast with me.

Climbing though the window to my bedroom, I sighed and plopped down on my bed. Why was I so tired? I was used to stayed up late... though as of late I had had a lot of sleep, I guess.

"Hey," a knock sounded on my door, "You awake?"

"Yeah!" I called out as I lifted up my mask, "What's for breakfast?"

"I don't know, what do you want?"

"Those fluffy pancakes you made a few days ago?"
I got up and took off the cloak. I hid my vigilante stuff and grabbed some clothes.
Once I had gotten dressed for the day, my uniform full of wrinkles though we shan't mention it, Aizawa gave me a look.

"Did you sleep at all?"

"What?" I gave him a frown.

Aizawa tested me with a look. He flipped a pancake and sighed.
"Show your cat ears and try to lie again."

"What makes you say I'm lying?" I said as I sat down, "Either way—"

"You went out didn't you?"

"Either way,"

"Hm?"

"Do you have something like... a..." how to put it.
I showed him my claws, "They're all fucked up, I clawed some stone, I want to sharpen them but..."

"Dorothy has one of those cat things—"

"Far too small," I admitted, "Or I'd have to do it as a cat, but I don't want to bother Dorothy with another murder attempt."

"...right."

"So... I don't want to ruin your couch..."

"I'll see if I can find some bigger version of it." Aizawa assured before he gave me some breakfast, "Make sure to eat."