Chapter 40 - Ivar

Back with another of the remaining chapters of this fanfic.
I hope you enjoy it!
Comments are always welcome and answered! <3

Nowadays...

For years I'd been wondering what it would be like if one day Nini and I really were an open couple for my family, and now I had the answer.

My parents and uncles all looked at each other and at us, after she stomped her foot and declared her intentions, and I had to admit that seeing her do it gave me a fucking hard-on.

The mother of my children was a force of nature.

"And what exactly is your situation going to be like with school?" - my father asks us, raising an eyebrow.

"They're probably going to be born at the end of the school year," Nini replies, doing her best to control her impatience and nervousness about the situation, "I can keep going to class, keep my grades up, do extra work in case something unexpected happens and–"

"Anything more unexpected than that?" - he snorts, interrupting her and gets up again, heading for the trolley. This time he picks up the bottle and turns to me. - "What about you? What are you going to do now? How are you going to graduate? And what are you going to do afterwards? Where are your plans to pursue a career in basketball?"

"I never said I wanted to be a professional basketball player," I say, with a grimace.

"So what are you going to do?" he insists.

I let out a heavy sigh and Nini's hand grabbed mine, which had been on her shoulder until now.

She knew that I hadn't decided what I wanted to do with my life.

"You don't know," my father grumbles. - "Neither of you has a fucking clue."

"Damon," my mother scolds him.

"Do you know their sex yet?"

"Not yet," I reply.

"I'm going to hope it's two girls, since it seems the first-born Torrance children are super fertile and unable to think when it comes to se–"

"Damon!" - my mother cuts him off again.

"What? They're acting like they know what's coming, Winter! They don't know–"

"We didn't knew either," my mother starts to say, turning to him. - "We had nothing. We may have been over eighteen, but, in case you don't remember, we were in a much worse situation than they are. And although we had our friends, we didn't have our parents' support. Even so, we managed. But I'm not going to let my son go through this without me, and you can either stand here, being an idiot and complaining about all the things that are wrong, or you can stand by Ivar and be part of it."

I bite my lip hard, trying not to smile as I see my father make the same face that Fane and Tavi make when they get a scolding from Mom. That's it.

After that, it's as if the room becomes a little lighter to breathe in and I nod for Mads to take the cue and sit next to Nini, doing the same.

"Honestly, I'm more upset that you've been hiding it for the last two months," Uncle Kai comments, looking from me to him.

"While they're hands and eyes, I like to think I'm the brain," Mads replies with humor in his voice.

I don't understand what he means by that, but it makes Uncle Kai chuckle at some inside joke.

"The brain would have come to us for help," he corrects him. - "Nini needs family support and medical attention. There are tests to be done, vitamins to be taken..."