Chapter Twenty-Two

"Will..." I sigh sympathetically, walking over to his bent body and rubbing his back. "Will, you got to pull it together. We're gonna need you if we want to find her." He's the head of Intelligence, and right now Christina really needs him. "Come on, Will. Do it for Chris." His head bobs up and down before he sits up. I watch him cautiously as he wipes his mouth with the back of his hand and takes a deep breath.

"Okay." He agrees, walking back over to his chair and sitting down, his face as white as a sheet. We all stare at him for a couple seconds sending concerned glances towards each other. "Okay, so I think first we should run a vocal analyzation over the man's voice to see if it's someone we've dealt with before, and I want to keep an eye on her tracker to see when it stops moving, and to keep track of her vitals." Uriah begins typing on his computer and I see a heart rate monitor and blood pressure ratio pop up on the screen. Tori told me that they could track is and our vitals when she inserted my own tracker. It will also alert the Intelligence of your chosen agency if the tracker is cut out. "Tris," He continues. "Go to Chris' apartment and take a look around. Bring back any address books or planners, anything that might give us any idea of who she's been talking to, meeting with, anything like that. And trust me, she's kinda old school and she's got one of the two." He digs around in a drawer for a second and pulls out a briefcase, when he opens it, I see the black memory foam like material encasing several small round earpieces. "Make sure to take an earpiece. Also, someone go tell Eric."

I see Four stand up and walk towards the door, and after I grab an earpiece, I begrudgingly follow. He gets on the elevator and I join, not saying a word. If he wants you talk he'll talk. We sit in awkward silence for a while and when we finally get to the level Eric's on, Four hadn't said a word. The doors open and Four hesitantly takes a step out.

"Tris?" He blurts. I arch my brow in response. "I-um, I'm sorry."

I blink, surprised. What should I say to that? Should I be bitchy or passive?

I decide to go with slightly bitchy, slightly passive.

"It doesn't matter," I find myself saying. "Its not like we were going anywhere, you're not even my type. I prefer to hang out with people who actually give a shit." Oops, that was really bitchy.

Four gives me a crestfallen look, but before I can decipher it, the elevator doors close.

*~*

I get to Christina's house at around 1 am, approximately two hours from the original time she was taken. I end up breaking into her apartment with a bobby pin, and I try to mentally prepare myself, knowing Chris there's probably a huge mess. Finally, I open the door and when I look in... it is absolutely pristine. There's not one thing where it doesn't belong.

"Hey, Will? I'm here." I mutter, knowing he can hear me with the earpiece.

By the door, there's a large shoe rack with cubbies big enough to correctly hold a pair of shoes side by side. They look to be categorized by type of shoe: workout, fancy, and everyday. The left column has four cubby holes full of different Nike running shoes, the second and third columns are both crammed with different styles and colors of high heels, and finally the last two columns are of flats or a variety of Vans.

"Tris?" I hear Will call back. "You see anything peculiar? Or any address books?"

"Not yet, I'm gonna keep looking."

I walk through the abandoned apartment, turning on all the lights as I check the rooms. I look in the kitchen, the dining room, what I assume is her bedroom, then the bathrooms with little trouble or evidence. It's the exact same layout as my apartment, except where I still have a guest bedroom, she has an office which is the last place I have to check. I walk over to the desk and begin looking through the drawers. Everything has a designated space, including her paper clips. The first drawer is full of containers filled with pens, pencils, tape refills, stapler refills, paper clips, high liters, but when I open the second drawer, there's only one thing, which is, as cliche as it is, her address book.

"Will, I found her address book. What do you want me to do now?"

"Come back. Uriah thinks he's getting some where with the vocal recognition scan, it's just going through the database."

"'Kay be there in twenty minutes." I reply, walking back towards the door, shutting off the lights as I go.

~*~

"Will!" I call, tossing him the address book when he turns to me. I stride over to Uriah, who's staring at the screen of his computer as it flickers through all the files and pictures in the FBI database, I sigh. After watching with Uriah for a couple minutes, I head over to the interactive table and stare at the little red dot on the screen. But it's not moving as fast. "Hey, who's been watching her movements?" They all look around at each other and I roll my eyes. "She's off the plane." I spread two fingers over the screen and it zooms in so I can get a look at the city. "They must have landed in Leon, Mexico and are traveling South East at about 80 miles per hour." I go into the settings and program it to predict where they're going if they continue on their normal route, two words pop up on the screen and it highlights the highway they're already on. "Looks like they're going to Mexico City."