Chapter Fifty-Five

Tris' POV

"Oh my God." I whisper, pressing my hands to my eye sockets. "What's wrong with me?" I ask him, my tone demanding an answer. "What the f*ck is wrong with me?" I yell, standing up. I begin pacing, my hands tearing at my hair.

"Tris." He voices, now also on his feet. I ignore him. "Tris."

"What?" I answer, looking at him, my expression exhausted.

"Tris, it's not a bad thing."

"But it kind of is! I don't want to be some superhuman freak or something that people do tests on! Id stop it, but, I don't know what the f*ck is going on, so I can't!"

"Baby, just look at me."

"I am looking at you." I grit out, swatting my hand in his direction to prove my point.

"No, look at me. In the eyes." I begrudgingly drag my eyes to his and he smiles at me. "There we go, baby girl." He steps forward and threads his fingers through mine. "You're safe. I'm not gonna let people perform tests on you or anything, okay?" I nod. "Okay." He pulls me into a hug and we stand like that, latched onto one another for I don't know how long.

~*~

When we break apart, I complain of smelling like his sweat and we both head to the locker rooms for showers.

"See you in fifteen?" He questions.

"Yup." I reply, pecking him on the lips. I walk in the locker room and strip before standing under the hot downpour of water, just thinking.

You know, if I really think about it, I'm pretty sure I only have weird dreams with Peter in them when I'm injured, I wonder what that's about...and you know, the next morning, I'm always healed.

Hmm.

I'm jostled out of my thoughts when my red skin starts to burn from the heated water. I turn the shower off and step out, grabbing a towel and wrapping it around myself as I go. I step to my locker and unlock it, taking out the extra clothes that I've begun keeping in there. When I look at my phone, I realize that it's been 25 minutes since I left Four. Shit, I was in there for a long time.

I slip on my undergarments and my Nike shorts before stepping to the mirror to brush out my long hair.

"Tris?" I hear a couple minutes later. Perfect revenge time.

"Yeah?"

"You almost done?" He asks tentatively, as though nervous that I'll be mad.

"Yeah, I got lost in my thoughts, you can come in if you want, there's no one else in here." I bite my lip hard to keep from laughing and after a couple seconds I hear his footsteps. I see him in the mirror and I turn around. He just stares.

"What?" I say, continuing to brush my long hair.

"You're, um..." He coughs. "You're well, you're shirtless."

"I don't think having a sports bra on counts as being shirtless, do you?" I question, biting my lip and stalking up to him, making him as uncomfortable as possible. "I just figured that I've seen you shirtless...I thought maybe it was time to return the favor." His breathing speeds up and I stand on my tip toes to whisper in his ear, "Don't you?" I trail my lips down his jawline and my hands bunch his shirt up at his chest. Just as I'm about to kiss him, I pull away and throw my shirt on.

"What-just-happened?" He breathes, pausing between words.

"Well, I got revenge for that sweaty hug from earlier." I throw a smirk at him over my shoulder and busy myself with throwing all the stuff I got out of my locker back in. "Don't mess with me, Four."

I turn back around and shoot him a killer smile, though he still seems to be processing. I get to the doorway and chuckle, he's still just standing there.

"You comin'?" I ask as I walk out.

"Uh, yeah." He responds. I hear him jog to catch up with me. All at once, my body is yanked backward and I'm face to face with those blue eyes. "You wanna play that way?" He brings our lips close, letting our breaths intermingle. As soon as we ended up in that position, he backs away. "Then we'll play that way."

"Jerk." I exclaim, heading towards the elevator.

"Baby, I was just returning the favor."

~*~

When we finally get back upstairs to the Lair, Uriah pacing back and forth in the doorway. He sees me and his eyes grow in anger.

"Where the hell have you been, Tris?!" He yells, just as his eyes land on Four. "Oh, I guess instead of doing your job, you've been out goofing off with your boyfriend, huh? Huh?" He gets in my face and I cringe at his words. "You know, Marlene really needed you, she was just told that she couldn't have kids because of what Eric did to her, and you out there goofing off with Four!" Four finally realizes what's going on and he pushes Uriah back, finally getting in his face.

"You don't know what the hell you're talking about Uriah! We were checking her injury from yesterday, when she was protecting Marlene!" By now, Uriah's pressed against the wall, and I'm just watching, trying not to get upset. Four punches the wall by Uriah's head and I lunge forward, finally letting a few tears loose.

"Four stop!" I yell, grabbing his arm as he pulls back again. I don't want him to hit Uriah, even if what he said hurt a little. He feels it as I grab his shirt and he glances back at me. Upon seeing my tear-stained face, he backs away from Uri.

"Where is she, Uriah?" I whisper, not able to look him in the eye.

"She's in one of the rooms downstairs. I left her there so she could shower." At that, my eyes snap up.

"What?" I ask, my blood running cold.

"I just said that I-"

"No, Uriah!" I interrupt him, turning to run out of the room. "You don't leave a girl alone after news like!" I hear both Four and Uriah's footsteps as they finally catch my meaning and we all sprint to the stairwell.

We may not have enough time for the elevator.