Epilouge

I can't believe it, even as Christina helps me step into my strappy leather sandals. Her turquoise dress fans out around her as she crouches, mixing with the white fabric of my own.

I'm getting married.

The thought makes my lips curl and my heart skip a beat. It isn't the wedding, or the reception, or the guests that excites me though. It's the groom.

After Tobias found me in New York, he brought me home. Now, three years later to the day, I was marrying the love of my life- Tobias Eaton. It makes me want to shout from the rooftops that I was the luckiest girl alive, and I would do exactly that, but he had told me on many occasions that he disagrees... I don't know what there is to disagree on.

I toy with the diamond heart around my neck, slowly trailing my painted fingernails up the white gold chain. Tobias had given it to me a few months after I got back, telling me that it was his heart, and that I had completely claimed it. I never took it off, even when we fought.

"Tris?" Chris exclaims suddenly, her arms gripping my shoulders. "You okay?"

"Yeah," I mumbled, shaking my head. "I just can't believe today's finally here." I smooth down the front of my lace dress, glancing up at her through blurry eyes.

"No you don't!" She shrieks, fanning my eyes a little. "Don't you dare cry, Marlene did really well with your makeup, and if you screw it up she'll kill you." I chuckle at the seriousness in her tone, knowing she's right. The tears dry. "And I know what you mean, you guys had an eleven month engagement...I wouldn't have been able to survive, but I suppose that's why Will and I got married within four months of his proposal!" She howls with laughter, making me join in. When we finally settle down, she holds out her hand and admires her sparking ring finger.

"I can't believe it's been almost three years." I whisper, taking her hand. She grins at me widely.

"Best three years of my life. I have Will, and now we have Emma." Just the mention of Chris' two year old daughter makes me smile. She's a big bundle of joy, covered in curly black hair. She is our flower girl and I can't wait to see her in the light blue dress we had picked out.

"Where is she anyway? And Marlene?" I pause. "And Shauna? Where's my bridal party?" I start to panic for a moment, wondering when I had seen them all last. I must not have noticed when they all left.

"They're outside, we'll meet them at the exit."

"Oh...okay. Is it almost time?" She slides over to the vanity and picks up her phone.

"Yup, five minutes left." I shake out my hands and begin pacing.

"What if he's not there? What if he decides to leave me Chris? I wouldn't be able to live with myself. And what if-"

"Oh, shut up." She sighs, walking to me. "You know he can't live without you. Those three years you were gone," I swallow, we haven't talked about that for a while. "He didn't live. He didn't sleep. And he didn't give up, so don't say he won't be there waiting for you." She rubs up and down my arms, as if trying to rub confidence into me. "Do you want to see yourself now?" I raise my brow.

"I'm allowed to look now?" She nods, scanning me one last time before dragging me to the door that leads to the next room. They had moved all the mirrors in there and told me that I wasn't allowed to look until they were finished. That was five hours ago, but apparently, I'm finally perfect. She opens the door and nudges me inside, following on my tail.

I let my eyes drag upwards from the floor, scanning the dress first. The top is lace, and through the thin skirt fabric, I can see the lace continue down to my feet. My back is exposed by long spaghetti straps and my hair slopes down to the small of my back with two different loose braids holding back my bangs. My makeup was light, only highlighting my natural features while somehow still looking like it had taken hours to do. My blue grey eyes pop against my tan skin and I grin a little at Chris.