Chapter Thirty-Seven

Tris' POV

"We need to talk."

His smile falters as I cross my arms uncomfortably.

"What are you talking about?" He asks, rising from his seat on the couch.

"I'm talking about us." I answer, backing up as he gets closer and closer.  "We," I grit out, pointing to the both of us. "Our relationship, is completely inappropriate. And it has to stop."

The silence that follows is uncomfortable, but as he moves towards me, to do what I don't know, I hear a knock on the door. It gives me an out so I sprint to the door. Zeke and Uriah step right in the moment the door swings open.

"Hey, where is she?" Uriah questions, pulling a bouquet of wild flowers out from behind his back. I smile at the gesture.

"She and Will are in the bedroom."

"Ooo." Zeke says, his eyebrows wiggling up and down.

"Not like that." I respond, laughing. As if on cue, Christina and Will both walk out of the hallway, Will's arm wrapped around Christina's slender shoulders. Her face is a little red and puffy from crying, but no one brings it up.

"Hey guys!" She exclaims, her eyes lighting up at the sight of everyone. She escapes from Will and hugs Four and Zeke before turning to Uriah, who offers the flowers to her, a gentle, brotherly smile on his face.

"Aw Uriah, thank you." She tells him, gripping the flowers as she wraps her arms around his waist.

"You're welcome...how you doing Chris?"

"I'm alright." She responds as she pulls away. "I'll be fine."

"Okay." He nods, accepting her answer and stepping back over by his brother. Chris just beams at all of us before exclaiming,

"Who's hungry? Cause Will said he'd cook."

~*~

The next two hours are spent with all of us lounging around and eating so much that we can barely move. Will is a really good cook surprisingly and when I brought this up to Chris, she tells me that I haven't even lived until I've tasted his chocolate cake, needless to say, I'm looking forward to it.

I also asked, after a while, about when we're supposed to go to work and Uriah told me that we got the day off, as we do most days after a completed mission apparently. Now, I'm sprawled across the floor, wrapped in a fluffy blanket next to Chris and all the guys are just sitting on the couches...and we're all doing absolutely nothing.

"Hey, what time is it?" I murmur, my eyes drifting closed. There's silence for a moment as someone looks it up, then Uriah responds.

"It's noon."

"Ugh..." I groan, sitting up and rubbing my eyes. "I need to go do something, so I guess I'll see everyone later?" I stand and meander towards the door, grinning at the chorus of goodbyes that I hear behind me.

I trudge back up the stairs and into my apartment, where I immediately go to my room and change into spanx. Then, I sit on the bed and examine the nonexistent cut on my leg. My fingers pinch and prod the area, but there's no evidence of it. After a couple minutes, my hands fly to the bandage on my arm. I rip it off, not even flinching at the sting as the band-aid takes off a couple layers of skin... There is no cut there either.

~*~

I don't know how long it is before I heard Four calling my name, all I can do is stare at my arm in the mirror and run my fingertips over my unscathed leg. How'd this happen?