Chapter Eleven

I dry my hair with a soft black towel. After I got in the shower I realized I didn't bring one, so for a moment I panicked. Luckily, I found one underneath a sink in the locker room. Once I finish drying my hair, I wrap the towel around my body relishing the warmth. Walking into the portion of the room that contains the lockers, I immediately locate my new locker. I open it, digging through my bag until I find my underwear. Goosebumps rise all over my body when I slip them on along with my bra.

I throw my slightly wrinkled clothes back on, ridding myself of my goosebumps in the process. I take my makeup out of my bag and walk over to the mirrors. There, I apply some concealer and blush, making sure not to spread the blush too much. When I first started wearing more makeup during training, somebody asked how I got a sunburn in Chicago. Lets just say it was a little embarrassing.

Shaking my head, I smile at the thought. Then, I put on a small amount of gray eyeshadow before finally topping it off with a thin line of eyeliner and some mascara. I pick all my makeup up and put it back into my bag, pulling my hair into a messy bun somewhere in the process. My hair is so thick I had to use two hair bands, and it kinda looks like a giant birds nest on the top of my head but I don't really care at the moment.

I heave my bag over my shoulder and slam my locker closed before walking out of the locker room. As I walk into the elevator, I can't help but feel like somebody's eyes are on me, but I ignore the feeling. They have cameras all over the place, that's all it is. For some reason, I can't get myself to believe that.

I press the button for floor two, exhaling relief when the feeling goes away as the doors close. I wait for mere moments before the elevator doors open again, and then the feeling is back. I shake my head, feeling my bun sway on top of it. My hair pulls painfully at the roots but it doesn't bother me.

What's bothering me is that feeling.

I walk quickly to my office, forcing a laugh as a piece of crumpled notebook paper sails by my head. Why does it feel like I've known these guys my whole life?

The feeling disappears and I practically skip to my desk in relief. I had just set my bag down on the desk when I hear Uriah ask,

"You want to meet everyone else now?"

~*~

I stare at myself in the mirror of the elevator wall as it sails up a floor. Uriah, Zeke, and Four are all talking about last night and I just stand there, feeling slightly out of a place. It's just because you don't know them well enough yet. Finally, the doors slide open and I feel my jaw drop. The room is dark, almost only lit up by computer and tv screens. From what I can tell, it's a circular room and everything is covered by wires, a screen, a mouse, or a mouse pad. Remotes line up on a small table in the corner, all of them labeled with a number. In the middle of the room is a glowing glass table, but even I know it's some type of interactive screen. It glows a turquoise color in the darkness.

This room is a geek's paradise.

"Ah, hello everyone." Uriah says, announcing our presence. All three of them begin walking out of the elevator, but I stay rooted, in still astounded. Someone presses lightly on the small of my back and I look up to see Four looming above me.

"Sorry." I mutter, stepping out of the small box.

"It's fine." He replies, walking around me to go talk with Will.

"Well, you already know Will." Zeke says, gesturing towards him and Four. "But, this is Al." He continues, tapping on a boy's shoulder. "Al, Tris. Tris, Al." I shake his hand, studying him. He's a big dude... as in tall. I can tell even when he's sitting down. He has green eyes, and dark brown hair that hangs down over his forehead a little. His face is rounded, kinda like a baby's, but his eyes look like they contain secret. A deadly one.