105

But why did he have a fever?

  Is it because he drove the carriage for more than an hour in the snow and wind?

  But although he was young and frail, she heard his mother say in her previous life that he had hardly ever gotten sick since he grew up, even in the wind and rain.

  But looking at him like that, it doesn't look like he's just pretending.

  Because there was an extra Gu Shixing in the room and something was on her mind, Su Yun couldn't sleep.

  After Gu Shixing glanced at the curtain, he could vaguely see the ups and downs. He sighed lightly, but he also breathed a sigh of relief.

  She is still soft-hearted after all.

  Drinking warm tea, she doesn't know how long it was. The veil covering her eyes was almost dry, and Su Yun took it off.

  After taking off the veil, she found that the room was dark, probably because the oil lamp ran out of oil. Su Yun glanced outside the gauze curtain and saw only the red light of burning charcoal, but could not see Gu Shixing's figure.

  She lifted the gauze curtain and saw the outline of the figure lying on the table in the dimness.

  She gently placed the veil on the low table outside the bedside, then lowered the curtain, closed her eyes and rested, waiting for someone to wake up and let him leave when it was almost dawn.

  Except for the sounds outside the house, the house was very quiet, so quiet that there was only the faint sound of the crackling of charcoal burning in the stove.

  *

  Gu Shixing did not bring any secret guards with him when he came out, but there would be three secret guards following him, but they were far away.

  This time, Mo Tai also came out.

  When the carriage stopped, they also stopped in the distance and faintly heard the woman's cry.

  The four of them looked at each other, wondering what the situation was, but no one dared to go forward.

  After a long time, the crying gradually slowed down until there was no sound.

  They were waiting for their heir apparent at the same place, but half an hour had passed and they had not yet waited for his return master.

  It was freezing and snowy. Although they were not as afraid of the cold as ordinary people, they could not stay there for too long.

  "How about I go take a look?" Mo Tai suggested.

  Several other people nodded in agreement. Mo Tai got off his horse and walked forward holding a lantern.

  After a while, Mo Tai walked to the place where the prince parked his carriage.

  When he saw the fallen lamp on the ground, his expression tightened, but he immediately picked it up without finding any traces of a fight.

  After looking at the large and small footprints on the ground, he searched for them. But after walking for a short distance, only a pair of big footprints remained, and the woman's footprints were gone.

  Mo Tai thought for a while and understood what was going on. A smile appeared on his face, and then he turned back to the carriage and untied it.

  While solving the problem, he muttered to himself: "I don't know how the prince made Miss Su Liu cry, but she must have been comforted. I don't know how long it will take. Don't let yourself freeze to death. Let's wait in a warm place."

  After untying the carriage, he made a mark on the tree trunk to let the prince know that he had pulled the carriage away.

  Mo Tai led the carriage back to the secret guards and explained: "The prince probably won't go back so soon. I remember there is a small earth temple nearby. Let's go there to avoid the wind and snow."

  "What about the prince?"

  Mo Tai said: "A few of us will go ahead every half hour to see if the prince is back. If the prince is not there at dawn, I will go to Zhuangzi to check the prince's whereabouts." He felt that he would definitely be hated by the Crown Prince if he went there now.

  I just can't help but feel a little worried. The prince has been focusing on official matters for more than half a month. Yesterday he only slept for two hours. Today he is driving a carriage in the cold weather. I don't know if he can withstand it.

  However, whether he can withstand another matter?

  The prince has read so many books about romantic talents and pretty beauties, so he shouldn't be as confused about amorous feelings as before, right?

  It's rare for the prince to see Miss Su Liu once. I hope that this time he can be more enlightened and not annoy Miss Su Liu again.

  Chapter 47 Confessed.

  Around five o'clock in the morning, the charcoal in the stove had been extinguished for a long time, and the room was getting colder.

  At this time, the person lying on the table seemed to feel the biting chill and woke up from his light sleep.

  He half-closed his eyes, sat up slightly and rubbed his stinging forehead with his knuckled hands. It only took him a short breath to realize where he was now.

  He put down his hand and looked towards the bed.

  It was still dark, and there was only a faint light coming from the lanterns under the eaves outside.

  He stood up and walked towards the bed without straightening the wrinkles on his robe.

  The steps were slow and silent.

  He stepped outside the bed, opened only a corner of the curtain, and looked at the person who was still sleeping.

  Because the room was dark, only vague outlines could be seen.

  He stood there for a long time without waking the sleeping person, put down the curtain, turned around and left.

  The sky was slightly bright, and there was a knock on the door. At the moment when she became conscious, Su Yun suddenly remembered that she had to rush Gu Shixing to leave. She urgently opened her eyes and woke up from her dream.

  Not afraid of the cold, she stretched out her hand from the quilt and pushed aside the curtain. She quickly glanced around the room and sighed when she didn't see Gu Shixing.

  She retracted hers hands under the quilt and said toward the door: "Come in."

  When the voice came out, it was a bit dry and hoarse. It was probably because she cried so hard last night that her throat hadn't recovered, and she didn't know if her eyes had swollen.

  When Chu Yi heard a slightly hoarse voice coming from the house, she was stunned for a moment, but after confirming that it was the master's voice, she secretly breathed a sigh of relief, and then opened the door and came in.

  After closing the door, she asked in a low voice: "What time did the girl come back last night?"

  Although Su Yun woke up with a start, she relaxed and felt sleepy again. Her voice was hoarse and slightly nasal: "I came back in the middle of the night. Maybe I caught a cold and my throat is a little uncomfortable. My nose is also a little stuffy, but other than that, I don't feel any discomfort."