128

Even if she didn't know what kind of person the prince Dinghuai was, she knew that even if she was a side concubine, she was still a concubine, and she was still a concubine at the mercy of the main wife.

  Later, she learned from her servants that Prince Dinghuai was not a good person.

  She didn't want her daughter to become a concubine like her, and a side concubine at that. Fortunately, her daughter's father and mistress refused, so she breathed a sigh of relief.

  When the carriage disappeared from the field of vision, Xiao Liu turned around and returned to Zhuangzi.

  It takes about two hours to return to Jindu from Zhoujiazhuang, and they will pass through a lot of hills on the way back.

  The carriage passed through the hillside, still very stable.

  About half an hour passed, and they had passed the foot of the Pu'an Temple. At this time, the carriage suddenly bumped, which brought Su Yun, who was still in a daze, back to hier senses. The carriage also stopped, and it was eerily quiet outside the carriage.

  Just as Chu Yi was about to lean forward to lift the curtains, Su Yun stretched out her hand and made a gesture of not moving. Chu Yi also stopped. At this time, her brother's voice came from outside.

  "Sixth sister, stay in the carriage. No matter what happens, don't come out."

  Su Changqing's voice just fell, and a shout came from the distance: "If people in the carriage stay and if everyone gives their money, I will let you all go."

  Su Yun turned her head and slightly moved the curtain of the small window behind the carriage. Through the gap, it could be seen that the road behind was surrounded, and a man dressed as a gangster was vaguely visible on a horse, carrying a big knife on his shoulder.

  She moved to the front curtain again and looked out through the gap, seeing the same person.

  Visually there are quite a few people.

  There were undulating hillsides on both sides of the carriage, and there was no way to retreat.

  There were many people on the other side, and there were only about ten people in their group.

  Chu Yi followed her girl and looked back and forth, her face suddenly turned pale, and she said in a trembling voice: "Girl, I, we encountered bandits...?"

  Compared to Chu Yi's panic, Su Yun looked very calm, sat back to her original position, and said calmly: "Don't panic, wait in the carriage, don't go out."

  Outside the carriage, Su Changqing was riding on the horse, and said calmly: "Sorry, neither the carriage nor the people in the carriage can stay. I can give you the money. If you just take the money and leave, you may still have a way to survive."

  The man pretending to be a gangster sneered: "Don't drink the wine without being fined. I'll count the dozens. If you don't obey, then don't do it. The Guisa family will take your lives and cut off your hands and feet."

  Looking at the gangsters who were several times more numerous than them, the dozen or so guards in the Su Mansion swallowed secretly and quietly clenched the waist knives they carried.

  Although they knew that a head-on confrontation would lead to a narrow escape, but if they couldn't protect their master, they would still die, so it would be better to fight to the death.

  A faint smile appeared on Su Changqing's lips, looking at the bearded man ten feet away.

  Seeing that he was so calm, the man hesitated in his heart, but he still made a gesture to the person next to him. The people around him started counting loudly.

  "One...two..."

  The number came slowly, as if giving them a chance.

  When the count reached five, Su Changqing said, "Wait a minute."

  Thinking that Su Changqing was about to compromise, the leader raised his hand and stopped the person calling the number.

  In his heart, he secretly scoffed at the bloodlessness of Jindu's young master, and then said with disdain: "Now I give you a chance, leave the carriage, the people inside, and the money, and get out of here."

  "When did I say I was leaving?" Su Changqing rhetorical question.

  The man was startled and said angrily: "Are you kidding me!?"

  Su Changqing smiled even more and said slowly: "Prince Dinghuai pretends to be a gangster even when robbing people, but he is really a coward."

  The man heard the name of the young master of his family, his heart suddenly sank, but his face remained calm and he said loudly: "Don't talk to the Sa family about fixing the Huai Dinghai. If you don't understand, then just do it!"

  The man shouted loudly: "Brothers come and grab them!"

  Just as those people were about to charge forward with their swords raised, Su Changqing shouted: "Do you think I'm stupid? I personally escorted my sister out of the city to guard against your master. How could it be possible now? No defense at all?"

  When the people who were about to charge heard this, they were startled and did not dare to step forward and even looked at the leading man.

  The man suddenly grasped the big knife in his hand, wondering whether he should believe what the eldest son of the Su family said.

  At this moment, a sharp arrow suddenly shot through the air from nowhere. The arrow inserted into the leg of the black horse under the crotch of the leading man pretending to be a gangster. The horse was in pain, neighed miserably, and kicked its hooves fiercely, throwing the man off the horse.

  The man managed to keep his body steady so that he didn't fall too badly.

  At this time, dozens of people in dark green clothes and with their faces covered suddenly appeared on the hillsides on both sides. These dozens of men in green were all holding crossbows, pointing their arrows at the Dinghuai troops dressed as ruthless bandits.

  The man's eyes widened in shock. When did these men in green appear? !

  They were lurking on the hillside a moment ago. Where were they hiding? ! He went up the hill again after them? !

  His eyes fell on the green clothes worn by those people, and he understood that the green clothes were disguises, and they were difficult to detect even if they were lurking in the grass. I'm afraid these people had already expected that they would ambush here, so they ambush them nearby.

  Among the masked men, there was a man in black without a face covering, standing on the hillside.

  The man met his eyes.

  Looking from a distance, although the other party's expression cannot be clearly seen, one can still feel the cold and sharp gaze of the other party.

  Su Yun heard the movement outside, opened the curtain and looked at the hillside.

  The first thing that came into view was a group of people in green clothes, and then Gu Shixing, who was wearing black clothes and standing tall and straight on the hillside.

  The wind was strong on the hillside, causing his clothes to fly wildly. Even his usually meticulous black hair had a few strands flying with the strong wind.

  Su Yun's heart seemed to tremble.