82

"That's because mother didn't say it clearly!" As she said that, Su Yuyan looked at her mother: "Mom, go and talk to Mrs. Gu."

  Mrs. Liu suddenly felt a little confused. She had reminded Mrs. Gu several times but the other party gave no response. She began to think about quitting.

  If you say it directly and are rejected, wouldn't it be shameful?

  Seeing that his sister was stubborn, Su Changqing was even more afraid that she would find out that Gu Shixing liked the sixth sister. He didn't want to embarrass the sixth sister, so he started to lie.

  Finally, with a cruel heart, he said directly: "I asked Shi Xing, and he bluntly said that he doesn't like you, and even thinks you are a bit annoying."

  When Su Yuyan heard this, she was suddenly struck by lightning.

  Mrs. Liu frowned slightly, feeling unhappy. Although she knew her daughter's virtues, it was too much to say it directly from a man's mouth.

  Su Yuyan bit her lip, then said "I don't believe it, brother, you lied to me!" and ran out of the hall with red eyes.

  Seeing her daughter running out, Mrs. Liu sighed.

  Su Changqing advised: "Mother, please rest your mind. It's not like you don't know the requirements for the prince's wife. She needs to be calm, virtuous and gentle, and be able to stabilize the house affairs. What do these things have to do with my sister?

Madam Liu: "...She is your biological sister, why do you say she is worthless?"

  Su Changqing sighed: "I am not belittling her, but I am trying to make my mother realize the truth. She pretends to be dignified, but everyone can see that she is pretending. She doesn't think deeply enough and her emotions are superficial. How can the Hou family be satisfied with her? It's just because of the friendship between the two families that they don't refuse too openly."

  Madam Liu thought deeply and asked uncertainly: "Is there really no hope at all?"

  Su Changqing sighed: "Mother, neither the Hou family nor other high-ranking families are suitable for my sister. Living in the back house, you also know how deep the back house's calculations are. With my sister's mentality, how can she fight against others?"

  Then he continued to add: "If you marry a good husband, he can still help her, but if she doesn't marry well, he won't help even a little. Well, I'm just afraid of her being wronged."

  How could Mrs. Liu not understand what her son said? But what she originally thought was that the Su Mansion and the Hou Mansion were family friends, and their family tradition was good. After her daughter married there, she would be treated well no matter what.

  There are no concubines competing for favor in the back house, and her status is honorable. Even if she is not smart enough, no one will bully her.

  But after hinting a few times, Mrs. Gu didn't mean it. And with what her son said now, the meaning in her heart became weaker and weaker.

  As soon as they stopped talking, Su Changqing did not continue talking about this matter, but brought up another matter.

  "The second brother-in-law has gone back, but the second sister has not gone back yet. She seems to be very close to my sister these days. Mother should pay more attention to whether the younger sister will hear any bad words from the second sister, thereby torturing the sixth sister."

  A word to wake up the dreamer.

  Mrs. Liu seemed to have thought of something, her face darkened slightly.

  Su Changqing glanced at his mother's face and knew that her mother understood what he meant, so he said no more.

  When he was off duty two days ago, Su Changqing happened to meet Gu Shixing, whom he hadn't seen for half a month.

  Gu Shixing seemed to know that Su Wen had not returned yet, so he mentioned a few words that his second sister would not live in peace. If she had not returned yet, she would definitely find a way to disturb the matter in the name of Su Yun's legitimate mother.

  The best way is to find someone to be a swordsman.

  When Gu Shixing said this, Su Changqing thought of his fourth sister, Su Yuyan.

  In this house, Su Yuyan is the most likely to object, and she is the most likely to be used as a weapon.

  After Su Changqing left, Mrs. Liu came in from the yard outside. She bowed behind her and said, "Madam, the Zhongyi Hou Mansion has started searching for portraits of noble ladies from Jindu."

  After hearing this, mistress Su was stunned for a moment, and then sighed softly.

  It seemed that the Hou Mansion really had no intention choosing her daughter, so she had to make other plans for her daughter.

  *

  Chuyi hurriedly walked back into the yard from outside, and called her master. After she responded, she lifted her skirt and walked up the stone steps, quickly walking into her girl's room.

  "Girl, good news." Chu Yi's eyebrows couldn't hide the joy.

  Su Yun planned to spend two days with her mother tomorrow. She was packing her clothes when she saw her happy face and asked with a smile: "What good news can make you smile like this?"

  Chu Yi came over and whispered: " The slave girl heard that the mistress asked the second girl to clean up her clothes and asked her to go back to Jinzhou tomorrow. The slave girl also heard that the mistress went to look for the fourth girl today, and it happened that the second girl was talking to the fourth girl in the house. After hearing something, someone closed the door of the fourth girl's room and the mistress stayed in the room for half an hour. After waiting for them to come out, the second girl was helped out. Her face looked very pale. She must have been injured. She was punished to kneel down."

  Su Yun put the pearl powder prepared for her mother into the bag, not surprised by what Chu Yi said.

  Chu Yi spat softly: "She used to bully girls, and now she has received her retribution. Let's see how powerful she will be in the future."

  Su Yun smiled: "She was punished by her mother when she was talking to her fourth sister. Everyone else guessed When she came out, she chewed her tongue at her eldest daughter's house, which made her mistress unhappy. If she returns to the Su Mansion in the future, no one will treat her well again. "

  Speaking of this, Su Yun thought of Su Wen's ending in her previous life, and felt  even more that Su Wen's was her own fault.

  But it was indeed Gu Shixing who helped her.

  When she thinks of Gu Shixing, she also remembers what he said on her brother's wedding day.

  Su Yun thought about the last sentence for a long time, feeling that he had decided not to pester her.

  If so, it is also the best result.

  The Marquis Mansion didn't say anything, and only said that she would not let the mistress and Su Yuyan hold grudges because of her marriage to him, and that the young lady could live the rest of her life smoothly in Zhuangzi.

  Although she was going to take care of herself this time, not only Su Yun understood, but her mistress and Su Changqing also understood that since the mistress gave Su Yun the deed of Zhuangzi's house, it meant that he would not take little Liu back again.