86

Mo Tai has been with his eldest master for so many years and often visits Dali Temple, so he also knows some analysis.

  Miss Su Liu has a rouge stall business, so she will definitely take a look here when she comes back from Zhuangzi, so she will definitely come back early in the morning.

  After calculating the time, it happened to be the time when the prince was on duty at noon, so he thought of creating an opportunity for the prince.

  But the prince didn't seem to cherish this opportunity.

  In the carriage, Gu Shixing's eyes were dim and unclear, and his lips were tightly pursed.

  Before he met her today, he felt that he didn't think much about his wife from his previous life, but once he met her, he felt that he had deceived myself a bit.

  He did miss her.

  In the past four years, there seemed to be not much communication, but in that room, she was everywhere.

  While he was reading, she would sit quietly aside, working as a hostess, or reading the account books.

  He could always see her as soon as he raised his eyes, and saw her demure and serious expression, and then he continued to look down at the case book and scroll in his hand that he didn't have to read.

  Knowing that she was still not used to it, he always waited until she put down her work and went to bed before putting down the book and lying down next to her.

  Without this person beside him, the room, which was obviously full of furnishings, seemed empty.

  This habit is like a chronic poison. You don't notice it at first, but by the time you notice it, the toxin has penetrated into your bones.

  Gu Shixing pursed his lips and leaned back, leaning against the back of the carriage, covering his eyes with his broad palms.

  There was a hint of helplessness and exhaustion on his handsome face.

  Chapter 39: Blind date at the tea banquet in Hou Mansion

    Su Yun was surprised for a while when she met Gu Shixing at the lakeside. But when she returned to Su Mansion, she had no time to care.

  As soon as she returned to the mansion, the maid from the mistress's courtyard came and called her over.

  The mistress told her something about registering her name. It was said that several elders from the clan would be invited to come over and a small banquet would be held in the mansion.

  Su Yun was still surprised that Su Yuyan didn't continue the fuss.

  She originally thought that the matter of registering her name would be delayed for a long time due to Su Yuyan's fuss, but she didn't expect it to be settled so quickly.

  How could Su Yuyan not go on a hunger strike? She went on a hunger strike three days after she left Su Yun's house.

  But Su Shangshu was not someone who doted on his children. When he heard that she was going on a hunger strike, he calmly ordered that no one should persuade her. He also had people search out all the food in her room, and then had people guard her outside the door. No one was allowed to bring her food, but only tea.

  Su Yuyan, who was on hunger strike, was dumbfounded.

  In the past, when she went on a hunger strike, one reason was that there was food hidden in the room, and the other reason was that her mother would compromise with her the next day.

  But now her father stepped in and acted so ruthlessly. Her heart was filled with grievances and she cried for most of the day.

  After all, she had never suffered. After being hungry all day, she wanted to go out to eat something, but she was stopped in the house by someone sent by her father.

  She couldn't bear it anymore, so she cried in the middle of the night and said that she would stop making trouble and this matter was settled.

  Mrs. Liu also secretly breathed a sigh of relief. After all, she felt sorry for her daughter, but when she heard that the girl Su Wen outside the house that day, could sway her daughter with just a few words, Mrs. Liu felt more hatred in her heart.

  With a mind like hers, she was afraid that she would suffer a lot of grievances if she married into a wealthy family better than the Su family.

  Su Yun's anonymity has no impact on Mrs. Liu at all, but if she really wants to quarrel with her husband over this matter, there will always be some resentment.

  The matter of Su Yun's name was settled, and when she left the mistress' place, she met Su Yuyan.

  Su Yuyan's face darkened when she saw Su Yun. When she passed by her, he bumped into Su Yun's shoulder, causing pain in her shoulder.

  She also added: "Don't think that just because you are named in your mother's name, you can be on an equal footing with me."

  Outside the yard, Su Yun's expression was calm, not at all affected by Su Yuyan's attitude.

  In the previous life, after Su Yun married into the Hou family, the mistress arranged another marriage for Su Yuyan. However, because she had a bad reputation for disliking her sisters, no wealthy family looked upon her with right eyes. Su Shangshu could only choose one of his disciples, a Jinshi who has good character and is quite motivated, to be his son-in-law.

  Even if she didn't marry Gu Shixing in this life, Su Yuyan probably wouldn't be destined for the Hou Mansion.

  *

  When Gu Shixing heard that Mo Tai said that Su Yun had registered her name in the name of the Su family's mistress, Gu Shixing looked calm and didn't say much.

  Instead, he followed his mother into the palace.

  In the past month, including this time, Gu Shixing had been in and out of the palace three times.

  After he went to his aunt's house with his mother to say hello, he said he was going to find His Highness the Prince.

  After coming out of the Queen's Palace, there was still a long way to go to the East Palace, when they encountered patrolling Imperial Guards.

  He glanced around, but there was no one looking like the figures in the portrait.

  He withdrew his gaze and fell into thought.

  There are tens of thousands of people in the imperial palace. It is really difficult to find people like this.

  Now he must ask His Highness the Crown Prince for help.

  The prince is only eighteen years old this year. He has a pure and kind temperament, but he is still calm.

  The prince heard Gu Shixing's request and asked: "My cousin wants to find two people in the Forbidden Army. What did they do?"

  Gu Shixing took a sip of tea and said with a serious face: "One of the two people has plotted against me."

  The prince was stunned and quickly asked: "Did the plot succeed?"

       Gu Shixing was silent and shook his head: "No, but I almost met a subordinate at a small inn outside Jindu City. After meeting these two people, I recognized that one of them might be the person who had plotted against me, but because I was alone, I did not dare to act rashly, so I only secretly observed their traces and the lower half of their faces."

  "The lower half of the face?" The prince was a little confused.

  "They are wearing bamboo hats with a layer of black gauze, which happens to cover their eyes."

  The prince nodded understandingly, and then asked: "How can cousin help you?"