35

She glanced at Gu Shixing's big hand that was holding her wrist hard. Although it hurt a little from being caught, I couldn't care less about the pain or the difference between men and women at the moment because she was afraid that she would be dispersed by the crowd if she broke free.

  Su Yun's other hand held Chu Yi tightly.

  In this chaos, she was doing better. Counting the four years in her previous life, she was several years older than Chu Yi. However, Chu Yi was only a fourteen or fifteen-year-old girl. How could she not be afraid of these turmoils?

  I don’t know how long I walked slowly in the crowd before I reached a fork in the road with difficulty, and the crowd gradually thinned out.

  Gu Shixing let go of Su Yun's wrist and turned back to look at Su Yun. His eyes quickly glanced at her body and he was secretly relieved when he saw that her clothes were a little messy but there were no scratches.

  "There's an inn ahead. Go there first and sort out your clothes. I'll have someone notify Changqing later and ask him to send someone to pick you up." He knew what she was worried about, so he didn't offer to send them back.

  The chaos was over, so Su Yun let out a breath and calmed down before nodding.

  But looking at Gu Shixing again, his thoughts were a little more complicated. She had always had problems with him, but now that he had helped her, she felt a little uncomfortable.

  Although he felt uncomfortable, he still lowered his eyes and said thank you: "Thank you, Prince Gu, for your help."

  When she lowered his eyes, her eyes touched Gu Shixing's dirty clothes, and she remembered that he had a mysophobia in his previous life, and there was almost never any stain on his clothes. But now it was too dirty.

  The white robe he was wearing now was stained everywhere.

  Gu Shixing whispered "Yeah" indifferently, and then escorted the two of them to the inn, and then asked the shopkeeper to open an upper room for them to tidy up their appearance, while he stayed in the lobby of the inn, never going up to the second floor.

  He borrowed pen, ink and paper from the shopkeeper, wrote a few words to Su Changqing, then stuffed it into the envelope he asked for from the shopkeeper and sealed it.

  He gave money to the shopkeeper, asked him to borrow a waiter, and gave the letter to the waiter: "Send this letter to Su Mansion, the Minister of Household Affairs, Nanwu Street, and tell the guard at the door that it is a letter from the Gu family's young master to the Su family's eldest son. They will understand."

  When they heard about Su Mansion, the Minister of Revenue, the shopkeeper and the waiter knew that these guests were either rich or noble, so they did not dare to neglect them.

  The waiter took the letter and hurried out of the inn.

  While waiting for Su Changqing to send someone, the master and servant also finished dressing up. But in order to avoid suspicion with Gu Shixing, Su Yun never came out of the guest room.

  After a long time, Chu Yi also softened, and she patted her chest with lingering fear and said to her master: "Girl, how could you say that this is so good, how can it cause a commotion? It's scary to death."

  Su Yun shook her head slightly, stood up and walked to face her. In front of the window looking at the dock.

  After hesitating for a moment, she opened the window.

  After opening the window, Su Yun looked towards the dock. Although it was far away, it did not affect what she saw.

  Where the riot just broke out, there were still people fighting with sticks and knives.

  I don't know how many people were lying on the ground, and I don't know if those people were still alive. Someone was still bleeding. Seeing the tragic scene from a distance, Su Yun suddenly closed her eyes and turned her head. .

  Chu Yikan walked over and looked out the window. When she reached the scene, she took a deep breath and hurriedly covered her mouth to prevent herself from screaming.

  Su Yun closed the window and then let out a breath.

  Chu Yi calmed down for a while, and then said tremblingly: "Why, why did the fight start?"

  "I don't know." Su Yun felt a little heavy. If Gu Shixing hadn't jumped over the carriage to help them just now, he wouldn't have I wonder if the horse will continue to be manic, and even the commotion will involve them.

  Chu Yi suddenly thought of the brother and sister, and then said: "By the way, if the brother and sister hadn't seen the girl at the pier and followed her, they might have been involved in the commotion."

  There was a fight just now, obviously very close to the dock, and I don’t know what happened.

  The brother and sister might have escaped because of her, but she also escaped because of Gu Shixing.

  Originally, he owed her a debt, but now the debt was offset.

  At this time, there was a knock on the door, and then a woman's voice came: "Girl, the husband downstairs brought a pot of hot tea."

  Chu Yi opened the door and took the woman's hand. The woman said, "The husband asked me to tell the girl something. After a while, the girl's family came over. Let the girl drink some hot tea first to calm down the shock."

  Su Yun nodded, and then asked: " Madam, do you know what happened at the pier?"

  The woman sighed, and then said helplessly: "There are conflicts among peers in this business, and the porters at the pier are divided into two factions. Porters from different factions usually have more or less disputes over the transportation of goods. This time they got into a fight. It was the first time. I don’t know how many people were injured this time. It is estimated that a section of the pier will have to be sealed. It's time, the business of the inn is going to be bleak again."

  "Thank you, aunt, for informing me." Su Yun thanked him after hearing the information.

  After the woman left, Chu Yi closed the door.

  During the half hour of waiting, officers and soldiers passed by downstairs first, and soon a carriage stopped downstairs. After a while, the woman came up to send a message, saying that her family had come to pick her up.

  Su Yun and Chu Yi left the house, and when they went downstairs, they saw Su Changqing waiting downstairs with a group of people.

  Su Yun was stunned for a moment. She thought her brother just sent someone to come, but she never thought that he would come in person.

  When he went downstairs, he also met Gu Shixing's eyes, but he looked away after just one glance.

  Gu Shixing calmly glanced at her face, which had regained its color, and then looked away.

  When Su Yun came down to the lobby, Su Changqing hurriedly stepped forward and asked, "Are you injured? Are you scared?"

  Su Yun shook his head, then looked at Gu Shixing aside and explained, "I just met Gu Shizi at the dock. When a riot broke out in the carriage, fortunately, Prince Gu came to help, so he was not affected by the riot. "