22

But then I thought that it was delivered from the yard in front, and I felt a little uneasy: "Is it stewed bird's nest, or dry bird's nest?"

  Chu Yi said, "It's dry bird's nest, wait a moment, girl."

  After that, she turned around and left the house. After a while, she came in carrying an eight-sided box.

  Open the brocade box and put it on the table.

  Su Yun took a look and saw that there were about twelve bird's nests in the eight-ling box, and they were of excellent quality.

  She stepped forward, took one, and looked at it carefully.

  "Girl, is there something wrong with this bird's nest?" Seeing her girl holding the bird's nest and looking at it carefully, she asked with some confusion.

  Su Yun frowned slightly and said: "This bird's nest is of high quality."

  If she were just Miss Su Liu of the Su Mansion now, she would only be able to tell that this was a good bird's nest, but there was no way to know how good it was. But in her previous life, she had been taking care of the warehouse of the Hou Mansion. She had seen a lot of good things, so she could tell the grade of the bird's nest in her hand.

  This bird's nest is estimated to cost ten taels of silver, and each of the twelve bird's nests costs more than a hundred taels of silver, and the monthly allowance allocated to their yard is only five taels of silver. One month's supply is enough to buy half a cup.

  Even the bird's nests sent from the front yard were broken into pieces that were not in good quality.

  Su Yun thought about it, thinking the mistress often sent good things to my brother's yard on weekdays, and my brother didn't care how good these things were, so he sent them over.

  Putting the bird's nest back into the eight-sided box, she said, "My mother has been coughing a lot lately. This bird's nest came just in time. I'll go to the hospital tomorrow and ask the doctor if I can eat the bird's nest after taking medicine. Then, I'll patch up my mother."

  "Girl, are you going out tomorrow?" Chu Yi asked in surprise.

  Su Yun nodded: "Well, let's go out through the secret door."

  There are rules in the mansion, and girls who have not left the palace can only go to the street twice a month. Naturally, if the mistress agrees, or if the girls from other houses invite her to play or have tea parties, it will not be included.

  But when Su Yun asked his mistress if she could go out, there was probably only one answer - no.

  The only option is to sneak out.

  *

  After Gu Shixing came out of the Su Mansion, he went to the medicine shop and spice shop to get the ingredients to make the fragrance. Among them, actinolite, which is like an arrowhead and has the most powerful effect, is the hardest to find. You can't find it in the palace.

  Although these kinds of medicinal materials are available in drugstores, their effects are far less effective than arrowhead-shaped ones.

  Furthermore, there is the ingredient Cynomorium Cynomorium, which is produced in the desert and is very rare. It is not even available in drug stores. The Imperial Medical Office in the palace collects all the rare medicines that can be found in the world, so this ingredient is naturally available.

  If you want to make this incense of love, you have to go to the palace.

  Previously, he accompanied Shao Xi, the minister of Dali Temple, and often visited the Imperial Medical Office, and he was also familiar with several imperial doctors in the Imperial Medical Office.

  It took no effort to get these two medicines, and spent the next day grinding the incense in the Marquis's residence.

  That day he went back to the Su Mansion, and along the way he also brought a jade chessboard that he had loved in the early days.

  In this way, others only thought that he went to the Su Mansion to play chess with Su Changqing, so there wouldn't be too much suspicion. This was one of the reasons.

  Secondly, it can alleviate Su Changqing's dissatisfaction. After all, he has been thinking about this chessboard for a long time.

  Sure enough, after Su Changqing received the chessboard, he couldn't put it down. He put aside the grudges caused to the sixth sister for the time being and pulled Gu Shixing to play several games of chess.

  *

  Early the next morning, Su Yun and Chu Yi secretly left the house through the secret door.

  The secret door on the west side is usually locked, but I first wanted to make friends with the woman who held the key and give her some money. The mother-in-law knew that the girl in the house was going out, and she usually took advantage of it, so she turned a blind eye.

  Because she went out secretly, she had no carriage, so she had to walk.

  Fortunately, the drug store is not far away, only half an hour away. After going to the medicine shop, I stopped by to buy some flowers and materials for making balm.

  When I arrived at the drug store, I showed the old doctor the prescription my mother had used before and asked if I could use bird's nest at the same time.

  The old doctor said: "Bird's nest is nourishing. Drink a cup every day. Over time, the disease of Qi deficiency will be slowly eliminated."

  Hearing what the doctor said, Su Yun looked happy and was about to ask what should be mixed with the stew and when the bird's nest was at its best when a loud noise suddenly came from outside the hospital, interrupting Su Yun's inquiry.

  The old doctor stood up and shouted outside: "What's going on? It's so noisy?"

  But after a while, a little medicine boy ran in and said: "They are a brother and sister. The sister seems to be sick and about to die, but they had no money for treatment, so Dr. Chen asked them to leave, but the elder brother refused to leave. He knelt down outside the hospital and begged Dr. Chen, saying that he would repay the money for treatment after making money. "

  The old doctor heard this. He sighed and said helplessly: "If everyone did this, the medical clinic would have collapsed long ago, let alone hanging the pot to save the world."

  Patients have their own difficulties, and medical clinics have their own difficulties.

  Su Yun took a few steps back and looked out the door. Outside the door of the medical center, I saw a young man with patched clothes kneeling on the ground carrying an unconscious little girl.

  There was a package beside the two of them, as if it came from a foreign country.

  The little girl being carried on the back was about eleven or twelve years old, and her face was unusually red, probably because she had a high fever.

  The man was about eighteen or nineteen years old. Although his clothes were shabby, they still could not hide his handsome appearance.

  Even when he kneels down to beg for help, he does not look humble but dignified. It makes people think that he can show his integrity even when begging for help. It is no wonder that the onlookers asked the medical clinic to do a good job.

  The noise outside came from the onlookers, but those people persuaded the medical center to save the patient, but no one was willing to pay for help.

  The man kowtowed his head and endured the despair caused by the predicament. His eyes were red, his neck was tense, and the veins were prominent. His voice trembled slightly and he begged: "Doctor, please be kind and save my sister. She has been burned to the point of unconsciousness. If I don’t save her, I won’t survive! Once I save my sister, I will definitely collect the medical expenses in the future!”