43

But for a long time, he didn't wait for someone to be soft-hearted and help him, and his despair chilled his bones.

  When his father owed a huge debt and could not repay it, he hanged himself in order not to affect his fame. His mother also followed his father, leaving him and his sister dependent on each other.

  At that time, he thought that if his sister died, it would be because of him. If he knew people more clearly, how could he let people take away the money and steal the carriage, which caused his sister to catch a cold while on the road.

  He also thought about it. If he couldn't save his sister, he would accompany her and not let her be scared alone on the road to hell.

  As soon as this idea came to him, the medicine boy at the medical center gave him two taels of silver, saying that it was given to him by a kind-hearted girl there, and asked him to quickly get the money to treat his sister.

  He suddenly raised his head and looked into the medical clinic, and that beautiful face with a gentle smile remained etched in his heart.

  The younger sister was saved because of the two taels of silver, and the brother and sister were able to settle down in the golden capital because of the remaining silver.

  The two taels of silver saved the lives of the two brothers and sisters, and they also wanted to think that it was the girl who saved their lives the next time.

  That day, if he hadn't seen his benefactor at the dock and her sister came to look for her with lunch, he would probably have encountered a commotion.

  He heard from others that many people had died, and he was still frightened.

  Unintentionally, the girl indirectly saved their brother and sister.

  Luo Mingyan sighed. Although the girl was plainly dressed, she didn't look like a girl from a small family. He didn't know when he would be able to repay for her kindness.

  *

  Gu Shixing was standing near the dock thinking, when Su Changqing's voice suddenly came from behind him.

  "It's been ten days since this case, but do you have any clues?"

  Hearing the voice, Gu Shixing turned his head, looked at him, and asked doubtfully: "Why are you here?"

  After finishing his words, Gu Shixing looked at Mo Tai, who came with Su Changqing. He seemed to understand the answer to Su Changqing's appearance here.

  Su Changqing said: "This guy of yours is just worried about you, so don't blame him too much."

  Gu Shixing said in a cold voice, expressionless, "What does he have to worry about? It's unnecessary."

  Su Changqing said "tsk" He said: "With your cold temperament, few people can stand you. Only I can stand it and have a heart-to-heart relationship with you."

  When he heard the words "Few people can stand you" in Su Changqing's words , Gu Shixing's eyes darkened slightly.

  Su Changqing did not notice his subtle changes, but looked towards the dock: "I heard that the person in charge of the dock case this time is Mr. Fu Yin, who is the chief interrogator, and you are the assistant. Have you discovered anything these days?"

  Gu Shi Xing looked around at the people walking around, and then glanced at the teahouse not far away.

  "Go to the teahouse and talk."

  The two went to the teahouse and opened a private room. Gu Shixing stood behind the window and looked at the dock.

  After the waiter brought tea and left, Gu Shixing looked at the pier with people coming and going and said calmly: "The governor seems to be secretly hindering my investigation of the case."

  Su Changqing, who was pouring tea, was startled, and thought about it carefully, then said: "I heard from my father that the governor seems to be on good terms with the eldest prince. If this is the case, wouldn't it be much more difficult for you to investigate the case."

  The queen gave birth to several daughters first, and then gave birth to the third-eldest prince. The eldest prince is the son of a noble concubine.

  Gu Shixing withdrew his gaze, walked back to the table and sat down.

  Picking up the tea, he took a slow sip of tea, then raised his eyes to look at Su Changqing, and said leisurely: "He hindered it. But to me, it's just a few more steps, so it won't be a problem."

  Although there was no expression, he looked very confident, but after hearing this, he felt that this matter was easy for him.

  The corners of Su Changqing's eyes twitched slightly: "Since you said so, I don't have to worry about you. But you said it so easily, then why do I hear Mo Tai say that you forget to eat and sleep every day to investigate the case, and he is worried about you staying up. You are sick, so he came to me to advise you to rest."

  Gu Shixing glanced at the closed door, looked away, and said indifferently: "He has nothing to do."

  Su Changqing snorted lightly and then asked. : "A little half a month ago, the night you stayed at Su Mansion, did you go to look for my sixth sister again?"

  As soon as he finished speaking, Gu Shixing, who was opposite him, closed his eyes slightly and said with a cold voice: "Is this what Mo Tai told you?"

  Su Changqing clicked his tongue a few times, with a clear expression on his face: "Does he still need to say that? You have been so sleepless and forgetful about food for half a month, and have you changed since that day? That's it. I thought about your strange behavior of coming to talk to me in the middle of the night after seeing my sixth sister last time, and I guessed it."

  Su Changqing touched his palm and spread his hands: "It's so obvious, there's no need for ink. Tell me?"

  Upon hearing this, Gu Shixing raised his eyebrows slightly and drank most of the tea in one gulp.

  After that night, he could often think of what Su Yun said.

  Whether it was her accusation of his indifference, or her dissatisfaction with the Hou family towards others, or even those two sentences: "You are so bad at sex", "you have no idea how uncomfortable I am", and "I don't want to marry you, I want to marry someone else."

  Every time I think about it, I subconsciously look at the empty side of the bed.

  Maybe it was because of one of the words, or maybe because of all her words, that I was so irritated that I couldn't sleep at night.

  "Looking at you like this, it always makes me feel that you are really sincere towards my sixth sister..." At this point, he was a little unsure, and lowered his voice to test: "Do you really like my Sixth sister, not only because of responsibility or because of guilt?"

  Su Changqing asked the question he asked last time. He thought it was impossible last time, but he was not sure this time.

  Gu Shixing frowned slightly, rarely giving up his thoughts on the relationship between men and women, thinking about Su Changqing's problem.

  After a few breaths, he raised his dark eyes and looked at Su Changqing, with a hint of uncertainty: "I should like her a bit."