I'm ready-Chapter 8

"So you know what happened?" You say sheepishly
"Well you are eating a cookie, many things could've happened but I suspect that you went to the restaurant to buy a cookie," he reasoned, chuckling to himself. You smiled slightly.
He sat beside you and put your still slightly shaky hands in his. "No. I don't know. But I want to," At that point Phil came rushing round the corner and tripped over your legs, flying to the ground. He got up, brushing himself off.
"I've found [Y/N]!" Phil exclaimed, before bursting out laughing along with Dan and [BF/N]. You didn't join in though, you couldn't, you were still in shock from the panic attack. Dan noticed this.
"Seriously [Y/N], what's wrong?" Dan asked, his voice full of concern.
"We'd better go," [BF/N] said, tugging at Phil's arm. And then there were two.
"[Y/N], you look really shaken up,"
"Thanks," you say, smiling a little, "When I was younger, I was in the car with mum and dad, it was a really rainy day and the window wipers were on super fast but you could barely see anything. I don't remember everything, but I can recall a car coming out of nowhere and dad trying to put the brakes on. The road was really slippy and the car didn't stop in time. Our car was turned over and I was trapped in the back, I was calling for mum and dad and they were calling for me but I couldn't reach them. Thankfully a scary but kind man in a lorry saw what happened and pulled over to help. None of us were hurt but since then something inside of me seems to be broken. I kept having panicky moments, so I searched it up. It turned out I had anxiety and panic attacks, this scared me so I told the only person I felt I could tell, [BF/N]. She's helped me out a lot. And now, you know," you say, relieved to tell Dan but slightly anxious to see his reaction.
"[Y/N]," Dan's voice cracked a little, "why didn't you tell me?"
"I was scared," you admitted, "Wouldn't you think I was slightly strange if I came up to you in the street and went 'Hi, I'm [Y/N], and I have anxiety disorder and panic attacks'?"
"Well yes, but you wouldn't do that, would you?"
"No, but," you protested
"You would tell them once you had a bond with them, when they became a friend," Dan proceeded.
"Well, yes.." You spluttered
"So why didn't you tell me?" Dan said calmly, but you could hear the hurt in his voice
"To be honest," you said in a quiet voice, "I didn't want to loose you," you said, even quieter.
"Why on earth, if you told me that you had anxiety, would I just leave you?"
You shrugged and he wrapped his arms around you, hugging you tight. You put your head on his chest and stayed there for a while. You got up and pulled up Dan by the hand.
"I'm ready," you say, pushing your shoulders back, preparing yourself for the crowd.
"Let's go," Dan half-shouted, lacing his fingers with yours.
The rest of the day went smoothly, walking around enjoying the animals and the views. Until you got to the Penguins. You were all in deep conversation, watching the Penguins swim around when,
"AHHHHHHHHHHHH, OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! IT'S DAN, DANISNOTONFIRE! OH MY GOD! WERE OVER HERE!" And there, on the other side of the penguin enclosure, moving towards you, were a bunch of squealing fangirls. You instinctively tried to let go of Dan's hand, but he griped on to you tighter.
"Look," Dan whispered, "you've got to face it at some point. I know it's going to be hard, but you can't avoid it forever." He proceeded.
You pulled your shoulders back once again and prepared to brave the fangirls.
"Who is that?" "Is she the one who was in your live show?" "What about Phil?" "Why is she shaking?"
At that point you realised that you was shaking once again, [BF/N]'s head also snapped round towards you at that last remark.
It couldn't be happening again, could it? You stand, trying to give the tightness a colour and a shape but it was useless. Dan let go of your hand so that [BF/N] could drag you away to a less crowded place.
"NOW LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE! SHE DIDN'T HURT ANYONE, AND YOU HAVE GONE AND HURT HER IN THE WORST WAY IMAGINABLE. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED, ALL OF YOU. SHE IS THE BEST, MOST PERFECT GIRL IN THE WORLD AND I'M IN LOVE WITH HER." Dan shouted, calming down a bit,
"Look, [Y/N]'s not weak, she is dealing with a tough situation right now. She doesn't need all of you harassing her about what you think. All that matters is that I'm with her, because I'm in love with her," he explained, "I'm sorry, but that's how it is."
************
Hey guys! Thank you so much for 800 reads. I wanted to say thanks the last time I uploaded for when I got 500 reads but I was away and found it hard to get wifi to upload, so when I got wifi I just uploaded it in a hurry! So thank you so much to everyone who has read this story, it means a lot.
Bethany :)