Safety-Chapter 30

You willed your legs to take you further.
Every breath you took burnt your throat, you lungs felt like they were ripping from your chest. Every turn you took your hair whipped in your face. You aggressively shake your head, willing the hair to rid itself from your vision.
It would take at least two hours for you to run to Buckingham Palace and Jake was probably going to die in about 15 minutes. As your legs nearly collapse from underneath you, you run to the middle of the road hailing a taxi. You praise to all of the Gods out there and maybe a few YouTubers that the taxi would stop. Knowing your luck, it wouldn't. That would just top the day off.
"Bucking...ham Palace!" You splutter, gaining your breath after you had almost fell into the taxi.
The driver sped around the corner, before its tyres screech against the tarmac as the lights were red.
You sit in the back of the taxi, your fingers twitching. You needed a distraction from everything whirling around your head.
You grab your phone from your back left pocket. The screen is bright against the darkness of the light and it reflects against the windows. You text [BF/N], 'Jake might need some help...'
She replies immediately,
'OMG, thank God you are alright. I heard the knock but I didn't have the courage to come out! Will check on him.'
It wasn't long before you pulled up toward Buckingham Palace. You payed the driver and gave him your thanks. Your legs felt regenerated as you stepped out of the taxi, looking for Dan.
He is really tall, how could you miss him.
'Are you here?' You text him.
'Yeah.' He texts back.
You turn around, your eyes adjusting to the darkness. You see him.
Before you know it your arms had flung around him in a tight embrace. He touches his forehead to yours before leaning in to kiss you. His chapped lips meet yours and you feel a tide of relief wash over you.
You were safe.
***
Yes yes, I know it is too short and I've made you wait a week and all of that...
Thanks for 23,000 reads, only 2000 more reads until my end of year target!!
Special thanks to Danosaurus__Rex for helping me with some future plans recently.
If you never need anyone, I'm always here.
Bethany :)