Intertwined-Chapter 41

"OH MY GOD [Y/N]!" You hear [BF/N] squeal with a flurry of footprints to follow. She enters with a smile etched upon her face, beaming at you. Her hand leaves Phil's and wraps around your body. You wince slightly at the pain it causes but smile anyway because she was just relieved to see you.

"Careful now," says the short, plump nurse that is fiddling with your notes on the clipboard, "[Y/N], because now awake we need to ask your permission to give you a CT scan. They are most commonly performed on the brain but can also be used to detect abnormalities in the body such as: tumours, abscesses, abnormal blood vessels etc. They do it cause any harm to you or other life forms. During the CT scan you would lay on a table whilst passing through a ring, it is a fairly quick procedure. Do you allow us to perform one on you?"

You pause for a moment, taking in all of the information that the woman had just reeled off to you as if she had said it a thousand times. 'Or any other life forms' you remember, does she seriously think you're pregnant? 'Yes I know I look slightly bloated but I hardly look like I'm about to give birth' you thought.

"Yes, I agree to having this scan," you say. The nurse nods before handing you the clipboard with a form on it. The sheet was full of questions like: 'Would you be likely to be pregnant?', 'Do you have claustrophobia?' And 'Have you had any previous operations that would leave metal in your body?'

You sit quietly for a few minutes, filling out the never ending form. Finally you get to the bottom and sign your name before giving it back to the nurse. She gives you a small smile,
"If you feel anxious or claustrophobic about having the scan, just speak to one of us and we can give you some tips on how to stay calmer," She says, before walking out and turning to the left.

Abut an hour later the little nurse returns, disturbing you from your book,
"The CT department is ready for you now. I am told to wheel you along in the bed, as they don't want you to cause any damage to your side by walking." she says, bustling around the four wheels of the bed. She starts pushing you, the end of the bed pushing the doors open. Dan follows by your side, making you feel really awkward as he is walking and you are just getting pushed along.

A few minutes later you find yourself on a cold, hard surface soon to be scanned by a spherical tube that will enclose you. You lay there whilst the doctors stand the other side of the screen, sorting out yet more paperwork. The familiar butterflies in your stomach flutter more and the room feels too small. The tube that is at your feet looks too restrictive and...

"Right [Y/N], we need you to close your eyes. Stay still and breathe. In.... And out......in........ And out...." the voice through the intercom says.
'In and out' you think, 'In and out. In and out. In and out. In and out. In and out.' You repeat so many times, until your hear the beep. The beep that lets you know it's over. It's over.
"Well done [Y/N], you can sit up and a wheel chair will be brought to you," the voice says. You open your eyes and pull yourself up, ignoring the horrific pain in your right side.
You get wheeled up to your room and told that you would get the results tomorrow.

"Dan, you'd better be off. There's no point you waiting here any longer. I'm just wasting your time," you say, intertwining your fingers with his.
"You're not wasting my time," Dan says, "I'm just glad you're here,"
"Look Dan, I'll be fine here. I have a book, my laptop, my phone, a charger and wifi," you say, looking him in the eye, "Go back, film a video or something, play sims. Dot worry about me,"
***
Hello!!!
I've tried hard to write a good chapter but it's only a filler.
I hope you guys as well.
Danosaurus__Rex Is this spacing any better?
WE ARE SO CLOSE TO 50K, IT'S CRAZY!
Have a great week,
Bethany :)