The beginning, or the end?-Chapter 48

"Let us begin, shall we?" The man at the end of the table, Tim, grumbled. Tim is your manager and publisher, and wanted to get the production of your book underway as soon as possible.

"Yeah, uh, I have a few designs for the cover that I've come up with," you stutter, rooting through your bag and handing out the sheets of paper around the table. You watch Lizzie closely, as she scrutinises your rough sketches.

Minutes passed as your various sheets of paper got passes from one person to another round the table. Once everyone was settled and happy that they'd seen all of the designs they all looked at you as if you should say something.

"So, what do you think?" You ask, mentally scolding yourself for being so awkward. Everyone looks at each other, nodding and muttering things under their breath.

"I think some of them have great potential, especially this one," Tim says, reaching across the table and picking up one of your designs that Lizzie was looking at. Surprisingly, this was the one that you liked the most too.

The meeting went on for about an hour and a half, talking about the manufacturing process and what you could do for signings and the launch. You felt confident in the fact that your team would help you through this, and support you with your anxiety through the busy signings.

"Alright, that's that for this meeting. I'll email you for the date of the next meeting, does anyone have any last comments?" Tim says, smiling round at everyone. You had made good progress this meeting.

Lizzie puts her hand up slightly before saying seven chilling words that could crush your career, "I don't think it should go ahead."
***
Hello!!
Yes, my wrist does still hurt but I can't deprive you lot of chapters can I??
Thank you all for my lovely messages
It is short but it's better than nothing and I needed it to end there...
Bethany :)