Chapter 7

I kept my thoughts to myself. I sat in the dark room waiting for the bell to ring. I heard footsteps echo through the hallway. I had a bad feeling it was a teacher or the principle looking for me. They probably didn't want me in here anyway without supervision. I peeked. Out of the corner of my eye there was a kid in a sweatshirt. Thats all I really seen. It was just the outline. Their arm lifted and they flipped the switch. Burning my eyes.
"What the hell?" I said covering my eyes with my forearm. The person cleared their throat. And their voice sent chills throughout my body.
"Sorry...I didnt know anybody was in here." I uncovered my eyes and seen Nick. My heart dropped.
"Its fine. I was just leaving" I said. I got up pursing my lips at him, kind of like a smile. He smiled back.
"I--I know, that I um.." He was nervous. His hands were in his jeans, but his burgandy eyes looked into my soul.
"I've been a little nervous lately...I can't figure out why you have--" he stopped mid-sentence.
"Why you have such a weird nickname." he finished. Hmm. He was the one who knew I had a nickname. Maybe he went to my old school when I was little.
"It came from my grandma..." I said. He smiled and nodded his head.
"Thats nice." he began walking towards me.
"I like your perfume, by the way." Now I was feeling really uncomfortable. He came closer and leaned against the wall right by me. He closed his eyes again. He licked his lips like he was eating ice cream. He slighly nodded his head.
"Well, I'm going to go before--" I heard more footsteps in the hall. And mischeivous laughter.