Chapter 32

So after lunch, I went to my next hour. ELA was only one of the hours Nick and I didn't have toegther. I sat in my seat and looked around the room for people I would be willing to be friends with. There was a girl who had hair that was, quite diffferent. It was pink and short. It circled around her jawline and was perfectly straight. She looked like some manga model. Why haven't I noticed her? I don't even like Anime. I smiled at her and she smiled back. We were allowed to work in partners for for assignment so I went and sat next to her.
"Hi!" I said with a ton of confidence.
"Hey?" She felt just as awkward as me.
"Sorry to come out of the blue and all but, I'm Orca."
"I know." she said.
"Im Lila."
"Thats a cool name." I said. It was pronounced lee-la. Which was kinda cool.
"Thanks, I like yours too."
We didn't really focus on the assignment, we were more interested in eachother. We learned alot about eachother the first half hour.
"I see you were friends with lacey." She said nodding in laceys direction who was working alone.
"Not really."
"We were best friends." She said.
"Really?"
"We were, until she-" she stopped midsentence.
"Nevermind." Alright then.
"I see you hang out with Nick alot." She said changing the subject. I nodded my head.
"He's probably one of my only friends, at the moment anyway."
"Yeah. He's really hot."
"I know! Just realizing that." Just a touch of jealousy.
"But he has a secret." My ears perked up like a dog.
"What kind of secret?"