Chapter 54

We walked into the living room and sat on the couch. He finally broke the silence.
"So, who is this Nick kid?" He patted my knee.
"He's my boyfriend dad. We were friends at first, he was the only one to make me feel welcomed.  We started out as friends, but he has been going through tough times and admitted he liked me. I guess I felt the same." I thought back to the first day of school, how unsettling his stare was. And how creepy he was. Knowing his story, it didn't effect me as much anymore.
"Well? How old is he? Who are his parents?"
"He has a dad, his mom left him along time ago."
"Hmm."
"Hes 19." I think? Maybe he's actually 119 but same difference right?
"Thats two years. How is he in the same grade?"
"He was either held back or started school late."
"Held back? I sure hope not. We dont need any duds-"
"Dad."
"Anyway. How long do you think this relationship is gonna last?"
"I dont know until the spark is gone." I imagine us not being together. I would know that he's a vampire. And just go off and live another life. It sounded horrible. And impossible.
"Describe him."
"Shaggy but well groomed brown hair, sharp, brown eyes, he's really smart, he really cares about me dad. I promise." He was nodding his head.
"Just remember, I was a teenage boy once. I remember what was going through my mind."
"Well, im 100% positive that you are nothing like him ok?"
"Is that good or bad?"
"Its good."
"When will I be able to meet him?"
"Tomorrow. 6-o-clock. We are having our first date, at the resturant on the ocean side."
"Hmm. Ok well. Has anything happened-"
"NO DAD."
"Ok. I was just just making sure. And always remember hon, Fries before guys." I laughed. He used to always tell me that when I was little.
"Thanks for understanding."
"We will see." he said. Oh yes we will.