Chapter 22

I knew that this weekend would be quiet, so on saturday I stayed in bed until 11 am. When I finally got up, both of my parents were gone. I knew that they had some important work meetings to go to so I made myself breakfast. When I checked my phone, there were no notifications from Hunter or Lacey. That I knew of, but there was from Nick. He friended me on Facebook finally. Like how he had been stalking my pictures, its like he finally had the guts to ask. I accepted it. As soon as I did he messaged me.
"Are you ok?"
"Im fine. What about you? Are you suspended or expelled?"
"No. My gaurdian is handling it all" His gaurdian? Whats that mean?
"Ok good."
"Are you busy today?"
"Yes." No. Im really not.
"Oh...what about tomorrow?"
"I dont know, but I gtg im making food."
"Ok. See you tomorrow or monday."
What. Was. It. About. This. Kid. He was so weird. He wasn't the good kind of different either. It was the kind that made me lock my windows and doors in the middle of the day. I figured I shouldn't lie to him. Maybe I should tell him I wasn't busy tomorrow. Maybe I could get to know him better so I didn't have such a negative opinion on him. I knew he wanted to talk to me, hangout, be friends...more than friends. Whatever the reason he made himself look desperate. And really weird. Eeh, taking chances is what life is about. I needed somebody to sit by at lunch on monday anyway.
"Im not busy tomorrow. Why did you ask?" He replied within seconds.
"I wanted to go to the park with you..."
"Ok. Tomorrow?"
"If you're ok with it. Is it ok if we walk?"
"Thats fine."
"Ok. Its supposed to be cloudy, and around the high 60s." Ok weatherman.
"Alright. See you tomorrow then? I just want to talk to you about things." Oops. That was probably awkward.
"And study some ;)"
"That too." and our conversastion was done. I just set myself up with my biggest fear.