Chapter 33

"Well, I dont know much." She said backing off. I don't think she meant to say anything.
"And I'm for sure not one to gossip. Ever. Im not really into that stuff. As you probably can tell, I'm not really popular."
"Thats a good thing. Thats why I wanted to be friends with you, maybe you wouldnt be such a, you know..."
"Anyway, so his secret. He used to date this girl named-" she scanned the room and lowered her voice.
"Voilet, they hung out everywhere, like you do with him now. They had been dating since like, 5th grade." I did the math. That was 6 years. Thats a long time.
"Wow..."
"Anyway. On nicks birthday, which is December 19." Today was November 31. Why did she remember Nicks birthday?"
"On his birthdy, he sent out a couple of invitations to his friends. Including violet. They all had a HUGE party at his house. Even though he's not a popular kid. Hunter, Todd, Ryan, pretty much the whole football team. Anyway, they went to his party-and, she never returned to school. The next monday she was gone. She never came back. This only happened 2 years ago. Everybody made a huge rumor that Nick killed her."
"Who started the rumor?"
"Hunter...he came into school really pale and was questioned by cops later in the day. All of they boys answered but they couldnt find who did it."
"How was she killed?"
"They said she was raped. Then strangled."
"Oh my god." Suddenly, that sick feeling came back. Was nick a killer? Was he going to kill me? Was hunter the good guy? I was so dizzy. I am so dizzy. The bell rang making me jump. I headed to my locker.