Chapter 49

Its monday. Im freaking out. I was super excited to see Nick in the library, get our algebra on. When I peeked inside, I saw nick standing almost face to face with Hunter. Nick stood a little taller, but hunter looked angrier. I peeked from around the door, they were arguing and had mad faces on. Their heads turned toward the front desk and they nodded. They were walking towards the front door now. I knew that the front desk lady told them to leave. Their argument must be heated. Hmm. They were coming closer, and my instict finally told me to dart for the other corner so I could still watch. I went to the other corner, and I watched and listened in. I knew it was about me. I knew that nick would kill Hunter if he said anything bad about me, or threatned me. Maybe it's about violet.
"She knows hunter. She knows what you did. And if you ever hurt her, she will know who to tell..." Hunters face flushed.
"Why would you tell her? You son-of-a-"
"We are together. She was scared, wondered why I was gone." Hunter was shaking his head as Nick trailed off.
"I swear to god if..." His hands were pulling his face back, he was pulling his hair, the tips of his fingers connected, and they lay in the space between his lips and nose.
"Nick-you sick bastard." Hunter wasn't being that brave jock he always made himself out to be. He was scared.
"Ill go to jail."
"Thats your fault. You did it."
"Shut up. C-come on..." He was really getting whiney.
"Listen. Just dont mess up, she wont do anything ok? Neither will I. Clean up your act. If anything gets said. I will personally rip your lungs out." I walked out, unable to listen to anymore. Hunters face got its color back and he grinned and left the area. Nick smiled at me and gave me a hug. He held my shoulders and said;
"Well?"
"I heard. And I heard everything."