Chapter 38

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.
"What?"
"My birthday is saturday! And I wanted to see if you wanted to---" I was squeezing my own thigh.
"Come to the park? Like, to celebrate? Nobody else, just you and me, and I promise we will talk about everything." Why was it at his house? Did he not want to make it obvious his house was the murder scene?
"Why the park?" My voice was quiet and dry.
"I dont know, a couple years ago, we had a party and it was too crazy." For being a killer he was a great liar, eye contact.
"Why just us?"
"So we can talk."
"I dont think that I can. I-"
"What? You cant come? Why? If you don't nothing will ever be fixed between us!" Now his eyes were a very intense red and. he was standing. But he was very calm.
It all came out. And I started crying.
"I know that you killed your girlfriend. I know that you had a ton of people over and raped her. Then you strangled her. I know everything Nick. You were going to do this to me." I pointed to myself and felt like vomiting. His eyes were brighter than I'd ever seen them.
"No. N-no, You have it wrong, please Orca no, dont--" I kept going.
"You wanted to do it to me! You have been buttering me up this whole time, to get your hands on ME!" I sounded so crazy.
"No! Stop!" His deep voice was loud and sharp. The walls Litterally shook. He looked at me and tried to take my hand. I never should have said anything. I never knew. This could have been a rumor.
"Stop. I can't." I turned and went out the front doors. I ran for my life. I looked back and didnt see Nick running after me. I slowed down. Feeling sad, and scared sick.
"I need you more than you will ever know Nick." I said out loud to myself, as it started to rain.