Chapter 35

Another week past, and Nick wasn't believing my cover up anymore. He was really into me all of a sudden, constantly following me trying to get my attention, so I dashed into the classroom so he didnt catch me. Unfortanatly, I couldn't out run him forever, I couldn't always find a way to get out of his sight. He caught me on the way to lunch. I had been sitting with Lila and her friends, Della, Kendal, and Chez. They were all really awesome, but looks like I'd be missing lunch today.
"Stop. Nira, whats been going on? Seroiusly stop and answer me." He held onto my arm, looking at me with his red eyes.
"Nothing...I need to go, Nick stop."
"No." His voice chilled me. I was biting my toung so hard I started to feel the copper taste of blood. 
"Please. Yes, I'm desperate. I hurt when you hurt."
"Nick, Im not hurt."
"Ive been doing my best to not make you feel uncomfortable, ive changed myself drastically for you! W-what more do I need to do to have you in my life?"
"Nothing. You're fine, I just feel like we need, I don't know a break from eachother."
"A break?"
"Yes..."
"Its been 2 weeks, is that not long enough?" I lowered my voice, allowing some of my deep inner thoughts out.
"I dont know what we have here, what you think it is, I don't even know what this is, but whatever it is, i
I need a break. Honestly. It's not just you." He nodded his head. He pulled me into a hug. He smellt like some satisfying cologne, just the right of amount. I melted into him. I felt like warm water. He let go and had a smile on his face.
"Next week we should be ok then right?"
"Maybe. I just need time to think." He nodded and stared into my eyes for a secoond before walking into the cafeteria casually. He was acting weird now. He rarely smiles. He rarely goes anywhere without telling me to stay away from Hunter. Has he given up on me? Has he forgotten?