Chapter 26

He is doing something to me. He's making me change my mind. He's making me consider my answer of no. He's controling me. I so badly wanted to tell him no. So badly. But as he looked in my eyes, he changed my mind for me.
"Ok, what do you want to know?" came out. We went back to the picnic table. He smiled and folded his hands.
"Tell me about yourself. Sorry to be weird about it all, but since we are going to be seeing eachother 5 out of the 7 days in a week, we might as well get to know eachother." he said. I just really wanted to know more about him.
"Well, as you already know, my real name is Nira, I got my nickname Orca from my grandma. I live with my mom and dad. They get along pretty well I guess. I dont have any pets, I've gone to, 8 different school districs in my life." There was one thing I was leaving out that was really important to me. It was something id kept a secret and hadn't told anybody since 2nd grade. When I had real friends. It was something that bothered me all the time. Something I thought about 24/7.
"Anything else?" He said.
"Not that I can think of." I said giggling.
"Theres something that bothers you. What is it?" He read my mind. And melted my heart for caring so much. He listened so well.
"I dont know if I'm comfortable saying anything." I said.
"You dont have to if you dont want to, but it will feel better to get that weight off your shoulders. You can trust me with anything. I can tell it bothers you." He gave me a friendly smile.
"Well, when I was 9, my sister died." He nodded his head and was really into what i was saying.
"She was killed, by her boyfriend..." I looked across the lake.
"She was only 19. Two years from now ill be her age. We were so close. He was drunk and crashed the car. He forced her to drive with him..." He was giving me alot of eye contact as usual. I whiped a tear begining to form. I can't cry infront of him. I really don't like to look desperate for attention.
"Im so sorry that happened to you." He said, he scooted over to my side of the bench and let me lean on him.
"I could tell it was a burden." He added.
"Is that why your afraid of having a relationship?"
"A relationship? Like love?" I said turning around. I felt offended.
"I dont have a problem with that!"
"Then why did you act offended when I said that?"
"Because I dont!" At least I never thought I did. Did I? See this dude was making me question everything in life. My thoughts, actions, opinion, everything!
"Think about it...is that why you were afraid of me?" We were really close now. Our noses inches apart. I could smell his cologne. It was making me even more dizzy.
"I wasnt afraid of you."
"You were."
"I was! Because you followed me everywhere. You have pictures of me on your phone! You-" Even though I was being idiotic, he listened carefully.
"I do these things to protect you. You are special Nira." He grabbed for my hand. But I turned towards the lake and let his words sink in even deeper.