Chapter 27

The day ended quickly. I was not looking forward to tomorrow. I was really worried about Lacey and Hunter mostly. I was almost positive hunter didn't like me anymore. He probably hated me. He probably thought I used Nick as my minion and I told him to kick is ass. Whatever the reason, I was almost puking I was so nervous. Just before I fell asleep i got another message from Nick.
"Dont be nervous tomorrow. It'll all be ok. I promise. I had a nice time today."
"Me too, and thanks."
"See you tomorrow. Maybe we could go out for lunch?"
"Maybe. Going to bed. Night." I put my phone on the charger and read his last text.
"Goodnight Nira." I smiled. He seemed nice but so different. I still hadn't made up my mind why he gave me fluttery flirty feelings, because he also gave me sick feelings. He used to at least.
I fell asleep thinking about him. I woke up in a soaking shirt. I must've had a nightmare last night, my heart was pounding. I got ready for a day compared like hell. I slumped myself over to the kitchen table, eating breakfast. My parents were gone and I still had an hour and a half until I needed to leave. So I turned on the radio and daydreamed while I ate my fruit loops. Before I knew it, it was already 6:30. I got out of my trance and got ready. I got on the bus and got to school just in time. There was only 2 minutes before the bell was going to ring. I rushed to science and sat down. Remembering that Hunter was in this hour. So was nick. I felt better around Nick now that we talked a little. Even though he could read my mind and basically predict what I was going to say, I felt better knowing he recognized it. I sat down. Hunter was in the back of the class, bruised just like his buddy he was talking to. Thank god he didn't notice me. I sat next to the red headed readers. I felt nervous not seeing nick. Maybe he did get in trouble, he would explain why he did it. He wouldnt get in trouble for defending me. He cant be in trouble. I need him here.
And that my friend, was the moment I realized I needed Nick more than anything.