Chapter 55

Lila appeared in my doorway with a huge bag and an even bigger smile. Dad stood behind me. Smiling just as big. Lila was proof I had more than Nick as my friend.
"Well hi there!" Mom said.
"Hi Mrs.Harp!" Lila smiled and said the same to my dad.
"Hi Mr.Harp!"
"Hi! You girls go upstairs and have fun. We will be waiting down here..." I went upstairs and showed Lila my room.
"Wow. You have lots of room..."
"I know, I like it." She sat down on my bed and poured all of her makeup on it.
"Wholey nut!" I said.
"I know I know its a lot."
"Well? How much of it are we gonna use?"
"Only some, but I wanted to have a big selecetion..." I got my phone out and texted nick.
"Lilas here! Getting ready! Are you excited? I know I am!💘" he replied within seconds.
"Same! Im here and getting ready, a couple of my friends are here too, only to butter me up and make me even sweeter for ya."
"Sure😂 anyway, see ya soon."
"At 6 sharp" I looked at the clock and it was only 4.
"Are you ready?"
"Im ready..."
***
Lila made me wash my face, then she put concealer on along with foundation, she added mascara, eyeliner, lipstick, eyeshadow, and curled my hair for the final effect. We put the dress and shoes on and I was super impressed when I looked in the mirror for the first time.
"Oh my god. You did so good!" I looked at the whole new person that was standing in front of me. This was all happening because of Nick. And I enjoyed every second of it.
"Well, if you want to keep him waiting!!" I looked at the clock and it was 5:59. Oh no!
I rushed downstairs and showed my mom and dad. They smiled and nodded.
"Super cute!"
"Wow!" Dad said. Just then, a blue truck pulled up. In the window, I could see Nick coming out with a blue and red and white flannel, along with tan pants. As he was walking up, he played with his gelled hair trying to get it as perfect as possible. He looked so good. I took a deep breath as lila opened the door.