Chapter 9

I realized I just had a conversation with Nick. His voice was deep yet crisp. It gave me the heebie jeebies, only this time, the good ones. Id never been so caught up in somebody. Especially on the first day of school. I didnt usually have the guts to say something like that to somebody, even if they were a total jerk. But it was like Nick gave me strength and the courage to. He was something else. I wanted him out of my mind but he wouldn't leave.
"Open your books to page 200." Mrs.Burt said. I opened my book, and we began reading. When we were finished, she asked us to answer some questions. I finished with time to spare and asked to use the bathroom again. I had to pee when I was nervous ok? I walked out into the cold hallways of the highschool and turned into the bathrooms. Some of the goth girls were smoking.
"Sup new chick. Wanna smoke?" They asked.
"Nope, I'm fine." I said. I didnt feel like coughing my lungs out 10 years later. Thank you very much. I did my business and seen that the girls were gone. I heard Mrs.Feller, the principle, in the hallways talking to girls who I imagined were the ones smoking. As I was washing my hands, Mrs.Feller came inside.
"Sorry to bother you, how's your first day going to far Orca?" Even she had heard of this nickname.
"Fine I guess, I'm already used to it." Used to having a red-eyed-boy stalker and a jock who wants me to be into him. Or the other way around.
"Good. I was just going to ask you some questions about these girls. We can do it in my office. You're not in trouble, I just need to know what you saw..."