Chapter 31

We headed to lunch. He walked behind me, I tried calming myself down by counting to ten. It didnt work. I was in love with this man more I ever imagined. I knew his sneaky stupidmind games. I knew he was playing them. They weren't funny, they weren't "ok." But my god they were convincing. I really needed to start taking charge. I cant let him control me. I cant let him define me. I stopped in my tracks. He bumped into me. We were almost to the doorways of the cafeteria. So I walked back a little but by the bathrooms.
"I-is everything ok?"
"No."
"Well, whats wrong?"
"I cant do this anymore, I cant let you control me." The halls were empty, everybody was at lunch.
"What do you mean?"
"You know exactly what I mean. You get inside my brain and-" my god was I going crazy? Was he even real? See what I mean? He had me questioning my every thought. My every move.
"I really don't know what you mean..." He said, stuffing his hands in his pockets.
"Stop! Ok! I wouldnt be so negative around you if you would just stop! And for god sakes be normal! We can be friends but, please, stop" I was begging. And sounding like a real brat. I was been thinking about him non-stop since the first day I met him.
"I still dont understand but, ill try. Ill try to make you feel comfortable. Im sorry I made you feel bad." His shoulders were slumped and he gave me a sad look. His eyes were dark.
"Ok. This is the last time I'm giving in Nick. After this im done ok? You know EXACTLY what you're doing..." He nodded his head.
"Ok."
"Ok." He smiled. And his smile made me smile. So I hugged him. And he didn't tense up like last time. He made me a wreck of emotions. We walked into the lunchroom and found a place to sit. Surprisingly there was one empty table. I wasn't even hungry so we just sat down.
"You can go get your food, ill be fine." said.
"Naa i dont really eat school food that often." He looked away, darting his eyes from who I guessed was Hunter, who had thankfully ignored us the whole day. Out of nowhere I a really sharp pain in my shoulder. I gasped causing Nick to react and stand up.
"Oops! Sorry." Lacey said, giving me a fake sorry face. She held her tray up signaling that it was an accident.
"Its ok, I'm fine."
"How's your day going? I mean, at least you found somebody to sit by right?" Nick glared at her. Clenching his jaw.
"I guess, better than who I did sit by." What a bitch. She rolled her eyes and went to her table. I guess it was time to make more friends, real friends, more than just Nick.