Chapter 11

I accepted the offer. She told me I could quit if I wanted to. I started helping him tomorrow. Which sounded fine, maybe I didn't know the kid and he just wanted to be a friend. Maybe he really was desperate and needed help with math. I mean, at least he was cute right? His eyes were weird but, he was still cute. I walked through the door, hearing my mom blasting her mexican music. Every week she tried to celebrate a different tradition or beliefs. She was one different mom.
"Im Home mom." she didnt even ask if my day was fine. She was used to it just as much as I was. I didnt want her to ask anyway. She didn't need to know about Hunter or Nick, or Lacey.
"Hi hon!" She said. She was making tacos. I went up to my room and put my crap away. I checked my phone. Hunter requested me yet again. He also messaged;
"Better see you at the game tonight. Its homecoming. You best be here 👅😘" I screamed into my pillow. My gosh. A first day of school had never gone this bad. This was terrible. I declined and didnt answer the message. Maybe I should text Lacey. She wasn't a good friend yet but, she was all I had. Just as I got her contact up on facebook, there was a knock at the door. It was proabably dad. I ran down the stairs and pulled the door open.
"Hey girl!" Dad said. I smiled.
"Hi dad! Have a good day?"
"Eeh, it was work. How was school?"
"Ok I guess. Nothing different than the usual." Haha yeah right.
"Well, tomorrow will be better. First day can be tricky." Tell be about it.
"I hope so..." It better be.