Chapter 18

I am so dazed and confused. I was terrified of this guy not even 24 hours ago, and he's asking me to run away with him? Will I get a call home for my mom to hear I ran away from school? Will Nick go to jail for beating kids black and blue? I began to think, Nick had treated me like a best friend so far. Except for the staring. He was always there, and he seemed to care alot about me.
"I dont know. Ill just go home." I said. I could just get my backpack tomorrow. Tell the school I got sick and needed to leave fast. Get my homework caught up. I was new here any how, they wouldn't get mad.
"I dont know if its safe." He said. He looked at me, reassuring himself.
"I promise you. Nobody in this world will make you feel as safe as I will." He was about to grab my hand. And I remembered his texts and drawings again. Making me feel dizzy. I turned around and ran. I knew he was watching me. I felt bad. But, he gave me that weird feeling. Like he watched my window when I got out of the shower or something. I ran for about a half mile, hands on my knees breathing heavily. I turned around and seen nick right behind me. How. How? How?!?
"I said leave me be Nick"
"At least let me walk you home. Those guys might come back for you, they'd have to go through me."
"I dont care--"
"Ill explain everything to your parents"
"I can manage."
"Nira." He looked at me, worriedly.
"Fine."