Chapter 51

I knew that getting into the mess that is Nick Grant was going to cost me. But boy was it a hot mess. I started to notice other girls eye-ing him in the halls and in class but the best part was that he always had his eyes on me. Not them. He made me feel so special and wanted. The best part was knowing his secret and having the other girls seeing him as some hottie that was the nerdy girls boyfriend. He had such a story. Thats what I liked most about him. Our first date is coming up so fast. He reminds me everyday in first hour. Today we are going to the pizza joint after school, just to hang out. Kind of discuss things a little more. So, in lunch, me and nick decided to take a walk outside. This was one of the last decent days in the week, so we wanted to enjoy it. As we were walking out, Mrs.Feller stopped us and walked us to her office.
"When you were gone she asked me if I knew where you were." I whispered.
"Yea? Well, ill handle it."
"Cant Rein just call in and tell her some reasonable excuse?"
"Thats what I'm going to tell him to do." We got into her office and she sat us down in the maroon chairs.
"So, look who's back!" She said. She gave me a look that i couldn't decide between "friendly" or "fiendly."
"So, why did you miss so much school?" She asked.
"Well, I'm gonna have my dad call and explain it. Im not comfortable explaining." I wonder what Rein will say. What lie will he make up? She nodded her head.
"You cant tell me any of it? Nothing?"
"Sorry..."
"Alright, Nick can you step out please?" He looked at me, pursed his lips and steped out.
"So, Nira..."
"Yes?"
"What did you do to make him come? Did you actually have his information?"
"No?"
"Its a weird coincidence that the rumors are that you are dating. Not to mention, Monday you both returned." She was trying so hard to be nice. I could tell by her face and tone.
"Well, Orca, if you know something we dont. Please, tell us."
"Will do. Sorry I cant be more help. I guess that his dad did call me saturday and told me that he was doing better."
"Alright. Thats  a start, thanks."
"Yep."
"You can go now."
***after school***
As we sat at the checkered printed booth we discussed school and all things us.
"So? What did your dad tell her?"
"I dont know, he didn't want me to know."
"Hmm."
"So, you're up for the transformation?"
"100% I trust you."
"Good." He winked and we finished a whole pizza.
Nick dropped me off around 9pm. We could have spent another hour together but we deicided it would be best for him to make a good impression on my parents, so when he changes me it wouldnt be such an impact. My dad was standing in the doorway arguing with my mom. Which really suprised me because they always get along. Nick kissed my forhead and drove off.
"Who was that?" My dad said peeking out the door window.
"Ohh honey was that Nick?" Mom asked hoarding me.
"Yea. We just ate some pizza. Ill explain who he is tomorrow dad ok?" I really was tired. And joes pizza was the most greasy of them all. I felt super sick.
"No, I kinda want to know now."
"Dad please.." I walked up the stairs.
"Orca!" I shut my door and lay on my bed. With the lights off. My parents know not to come in when I shut my door. Hopefully my dad understands.