Chapter 15

I jumped. I looked up and seen Mrs.Feller. She gave me a mean yet friendly stare.
"Where is Nick?" She asked.
"He went to the bathroom."
"You're on your phone why?" She asked again.
"Sorry. I was only waiting." She smiled and left the library. I set his phone back on the chair. Nick came in shortly after. Smiling at me as he sat down.
"Sorry. I had to-"
"Its fine." I looked at him. His eyes were the burgundy color again. Back to what was his "normal."
"We should get started. We only have 25 minutes left."
"Lets go." He pulled out his Ticonderoga and began watching my steps as I told him about variables. He studied my hands closely, and my face. I set the paper in front of him, encouraging him to try it out for himself.
"You're so smart." He said, in a deep tone.
"Thanks, I didn't really think I was so good at math."
"By the looks of it, you're great." he smiled and started working on the paper. He had really nice hand writing, for a dude at least.
"This right?" He set the paper in front of me, still having his left hand on it.
"Great job! Understand it a little better now?" He nodded and kept working.
"Nick?" I said. He smiled.
"What?" My god his teeth were perfect. White, strait.
"Thanks for helping me earlier." Uug. I cant believe I said it. It had been eating me alive ever since I walked in here, knowing I didn't say thanks. He looked at me deep in the eyes.
"No problem. Hunters a real jerk. I would know."
"Yeah, got that right."
"If he doesn't leave you alone, just let me know." The bodyguard type? Ok?
"Alright, thanks." he smiled again. And so did I, for the first time around him.