Chapter 45

The house smelled fairly clean, and quiet. We took lefts, rights, and we went up some stairs at one point. I would have been super uncomfortable, but him not being here for the past 2 months showed me how comfortable I really was around him. Even if he did kill somebody, I cant stay away. Thats what I came here to fix. We finally stopped walking.m
"Sit here." he uncovered my eyes and we sat in a well lit room, on a bed. The covers were gray along with the walls. Curtains were a dark blue and the floor was white carpet. Not exactly what I expected. I turned to him and seen his face I missed so much. His jawline, his hair swept over, his dark eyes, we sat in silence for a second.
"How did you get here?"
"I asked hunter..." He clenched his jaw. Which made me realize I missed him even more.
"Just because I'm not there doesn't mean you should go to him..."
"I-I had to see you." He bit the inside of his lip.
"Yeah?"
"I--I want to talk."
"First, let me go." He took a deep breath and grabbed my hand. I felt like I was on fire.
"This is going to be alot, and I need you to stay calm and listen ok? Please, let me finish before you decide to act out ok Orca?" Him saying my name made me smile. My god hes doing something to me.
"Ok...I promise."
"Good. I didn't kill violet. She came to the party and died here. Yes she was raped, yes she died, but it wasn't me. It was all my fault. She is dead because of me. I want to keep you away feom hunter because he did it. He raped her and killed her afterwards. I stepped out of the room for a second, to get her another sandwhich. His stupid friends distracted me, they told me they needed to know where the bathroom was, then then wanted to know what model my car was. They took my mind off of her on purpose. When I came back to the room, hunter was gone. And violet layed dead on the floor. Her face was streamed with tears, I ran to her, on my knees and she grasped my hand for a second before she died. Thats why I didn't want to be so much in love with you, I cant ever forgive myself for that. I couldn't help but stare at you, follow you. Its been forever since I felt this way. I couldn't believe I'd find somebody else for me. Hunter is bad. He's horrible. He's a real sick mother-." He paused.
"I wanted to keep him away from you, I didn't need him doing the same thing to you. I care to much, this was the hardest part not being at school. Knowing I wasn't there to keep you safe. Orca, you are mine. I need you. I knew that the day I seen you, it was going to be another fight with hunter. I couldn't come knowing that I'd have to tell you this awful story, knowing that you stood by a killer in your life, to let you know that she died because I wasn't protective enough, most importantly, to let you think I did that. Thats what hurt me the most, for you to be mad at me, for something I didn't do. But, orca, I have to have you." I sit there. So suprised. Now I felt absolutely HORRIBLE.
"Nick-I'm so-"