Chapter 20

"Why are you home?" My mom said, in her knitted poncho. As I said, this week was mexican traditions.
"I didn't feel well, so I just left at lunch and came home."
"Why didn't you call? Its only...what? Your fourth day or so and you missed the rest of the day?" She set her sombrarow shaped purse on the table and pulled out some left over salsa and tortilla chips from the fridge.
"There was only a couple hours left, felt really nauseated." I lied.
"Maybe its all of these beans I've been making, I've been pretty gassy myself."
"Not like that mom, come on." I said laughing.
"Are you bullied? Kids bothering you?"
"No?" yes.
"Well, you can tell me if there is ok?"
"Gotcha."
"Ill talk to your dad about today...he'll understand." She winked at me and I headed upstairs to take my shower. I loved taking long hot showers. I could always clear my mind. Just as I was getting in, my phone buzzed. It was a text from Lacey. It read;
"Why did you skip?" Me skipping? Hardly. I was running from this hunky marathon runner. I texted back;
"I didnt skip. You have NO right to text me."
"Because I told hunter you were interested? Come on...he's HOT!"
"No hes not. And don't bother texting anything back, what a way to start a friendship." I sent that, and was about to block her, when her text came up.
"Whatever do what you want, I thought you could use a friend but guess not. You're just as stuck up as the other snots at school. Have fun sitting at lunch alone tomorrow."
I couldnt help myself.
"I have nick."
"You're stalker boyfriend? Oh yeah! He probably wont be at the school much longer. He's for sure getting expelled for what he did."
"He is not. Hunter was harrassing me and he had all the right in the world to do it. Im on his side, now if you will excuse me, I have better things to do than waste my time trying to explain myself." Thats when I really blocked her. I dont know if she said anything back. I never will.