Chapter 30

Nick was really starting to understand this topic actually. He was getting excited about it.
"This is all so clear now, my god its your charm, I'm telling ya!"
"Sure it is." We had a small moment of smiling back and forth and blushing.
"Take it easy." he said.
"What do you mean?"
"Stop hitting on me." he said. I gave him the most snotty mean look ever. He was cute but he was the one that didn't even have the courage to hit on me.
"I wasn't." I said in an irritated tone. He snickered. He was really pissing me off now.
"Remember what I said about--"
"You think I actually listen to half the wizard crap you say? I dont, you and your stupid vibes and feelings about me, your pictures of me on your phone, and last but not least, you telling me, telling ME. I HIT ON YOU?" He just stared at me, with the blank red colored eyes.
"I-I'm sorry..." He said finally. The bell rang so i grabbed my stuff and got up.
"See you tomorrow." I said to make him mad about us not going to lunch. Maybe i was afraid of love. Like he had said last week. Maybe he was right, why did that single comment make me so irritated and offended? Maybe it was the fact he admitted to me, it was like he knew I liked him. I dont want to. I dont want to be in love with him. I cant be in love with him.
"So no lunch? Orca..." He put his hand on my shoulder. I froze. My books fell. He held it tightly. He held it like metal, when really it was glass. Only around him. He turned me around. Our faces were inches apart. He smellt so good.
"Im sorry-it was only a joke."
"I--I know" I finally spat out.
"Then why did you get mad?" His voice was low and quiet. Oh my god.
"You were right-" I said finally.
"About what?"
"Being afraid of love..."  He smiled slightly, showing off his perfect smile, his eyes.
"So...you were hitting on me?" I had to crack a laugh at that one. Then turned around and continued walking.
"I love when you play hard to get." He whispered. I pretended not to notice.