Chapter 8

It was Hunter. Number 19. I was hoping not to run into him. For the rest of the year. Being in highschool sucked. I hadn't been in the same school for longer than a year and a half. And mom said she was "for sure" keeping this job. Maybe switching so soon didnt seem bad. Considering, this whole day pretty much sucked. I clenched my jaw and waited for him to walk behind me. His football cleats dug into the floor. Wham, he spanked me.
"Seroiusly?" I said turning around. He had his shoulder pads on, his knee pads, long socks and the schools blue and white.
"What? Can't have a little fun here?" He looked past me, and stared at nick.
"Aye man! Ya'v been quiet lately. What's your problem?" He said, strutting twoards him. Nick stay leaned against the wall. I caught the feeling he didnt actually hang out with the jocks. Hunter held his hand out to nick, like he wanted to do some dude handshake. Nick stared past it and looked at me instead. Hunter turned back to me. Awkward...
"So, your gonna come watch me play tonight right?" He said. I glanced at Nick. His eyes were a brighter tone of bergandy now. Hmm. I still couldnt understand why I payed so much attention to these things. Hunter put his hand out.
"Anytime now, I gotta get to practice." lunch wasn't even over yet. Maybe they practiced early.
"I--I dont think I can make it." I said cheeks flushed. And my stomach was having a fit.
"What? Can't make it? Cmon, don't tell me you'd rather study for some test than watch me, Hunter Moore, number 19 play?" My god he was so cocky! Why? I dont know where this burst of confidence can from, but what I said next just fell out. On a scale of 1-10 his attractiveness was a high 9, but his personality was in the negatives.
"I'd rather puke in my mouth then swallow it...twice." I said. He laughed.
"Then do it." He looked me dead in the eye. Thank god the bell rang. I turned around for a half a second to check the clock. And Nick was gone. Hunter still stood there with his cocky face.
"I need to go, if you will excuse me."
"This ain't over beauty queen..."
"I hope to god it is..." I said under my breath. Ahh...highschool, where the guys are gentlemen and the women treat you like princesses. Uug, bite me.