oh no. they found out

"hey, babe. im so sorry but you gotta wake up," i hear a voice say. i groan in response.

"you have been sleeping for a long time. you need to wake up," i hear a different voice say. they start shaking me but i just roll over and put my pillow over my head.

"what is this," i hear another voice say. it sounds like Josh.

"oh my gosh. alex, wake up now," vik says in a stern voice. why did they get so serious? i let my curiosity take over and i open my eyes to see what they are so concerned about.

when i open my eyes, i see vik, josh, and simon staring at me with sympathy. im about to ask why they are acting like this but then i see josh holding the blade that i had dropped last night. i forgot to put it away. oh no. they found out.

"alex, were you hurting yourself?" vik asked as i sit up in bed and he sits next to me.

"no. no. no. i didnt. i promise. i was going to but i didnt," i blurt out, trying not to stutter. i will not allow myself to cry.

"i believe you," vik says and hugs me. i bury my head into his chest.

"but you have to tell me why you were going to do it," he adds in a soft voice. he starts rubbing up and down on my back. i cant tell him. i cant tell him about rebecca.

"i-," i pause and pull away from vik and look at simon and josh and then i look at the floor, "i cant."

"why not?" simon asks.

"i just cant. dont worry about it," i reply, once again, forcing my tears back.

vik, simon, and josh exchange looks with eachother.

"ok," vik says, clearly not happy with my answer, "but we will find out eventually."

a/n
im so sorry that is so short. i have been very stressed and i only have a week to re-do my science labs and im so mad that i waited because we are on a different unit and i forgot why i need to re-do those papers. anyone else know how i feel? have a great friday!
~kayla