-Thirteen-

*a month later*

Shawn's POV

I've been visiting Jasmine everyday for the past month, making sure she knows she's not alone in this. Every week I stay the night at least 3 nights. Mr and Mrs. White visit three to six times every week. Matt visits her six to seven days a week. 

 Currently I'm seated next to Jasmine, holing her hand. "Hey Jas... I don't know if you can hear me right now..." I started to say. "but it's been a month now... and I've been coming everyday to see you, I pray for you Jas... Please give me a sign... give me a sign that you're in there... please Jas...." I spoke. I looked up at her, holding onto her hand. "I know you're in there but show me something... anything." I said and stared at her, tearing up.

I looked down at her hand in mine and saw her thumb move. I gasped. "JASMINE?" I asked. I stood up and ran into the hallway. "Nurse nurse!" I said, walking up to the first nurse i saw, "Jasmine, the patient in room 111 out moved her hand... is she waking up?" I asked. The nurse walked into Jasmine's room then did some tests, checking Jasmine's pupils, her pulse everything. "Everything seems to be the same." She told me, "It must've been an instinct." she told me. 

"Is she trying to show us she'll wake up?" I asked, holding Jas's hand again. 

"I'm sorry but we don't know that for sure until we see a change." she said. I nodded as she left the room. I sat down and held Jas's hand with both my hands. "I know you're in there." I said. "I know you are."

I heard footsteps walk into the room. I looked up to see Mr and Mrs. White, as well as John and Rebecca, they've been visiting sometimes with their parents every so often. They walked in with a teddy bear and some flowers. Rebecca walked to the flower vase next to Jasmine, changing out the old ones with the new one. John put the teddy bear in the pile of get well gifts for Jas. I smiled towards them, welcoming them. "Has there been any change?" Rebecca asked. 

"The nurse said no...." I said then thought if I should tell them about her thumb moving.

"Buttttt?" John asked. 

"But I was holding her hand and talking to her.. and her thumb moved." I said.

"Is our little baby going to be okay?" Mary asked. 

"The nurse came in and checked her pupils and her pulse..... she said there was no difference." I explained. Mary's hopeful face turned into sadness once again, "I'm sorry." I said. I steeped aside and sat by the wall, letting the family be near Jasmine. I heard more footsteps walk in. I looked up to see Matt. He walked in with flowers and a "Get Well Soon" ballon and  teddy bear holding a heart. I smiled and he walked to the present corner, putting his presents there, then put the bouquet of flowers on the table, letting it lay there. I walked over to me and sat down next to me. "You don't want to be near Jas?" i asked him.

"Not right now.. I think she should be with her family right now." he said. I nodded. 

"Have you taken a peek at the trending hashtags on Twitter recently?" I asked him. He shook his head. "One of them is #GetWellSoonJas and another is #StayStrongJas." 

"Awe." he said. 

"I know she's in there..... I know it." Mary walked over to us and we stood up. "the doctor told me something today...." she said, tearing up again. 

"What did he say?" Matt asked. 

"Is Jasmine going to be okay?" i asked, worried. 

"Dr. Grey told me that an idea to have is to..... pull the plug.... so she doesn't have to suffer in a coma, and can go to rest." Mary told us. I could hear my heart break. "A-Are yo going to?" I asked.

"I don't know for sure....." she told me, "What do you boys think??" she asked. I turned my head to look at matt, then back at Mary. i shrugged, "I-i don't know." i said.

"I don't want her to suffer." Matt said, "But I know she's in there...." Matt spoke, "i'm not giving up yet." Matt said. Mary nodded. I was about to say something then I heard the machine go flatline, with a continuous beep. Mary ran over to her and started to shake her slightly, yelling her name over and over again. I ran out into the hallway and yelled "HELP HELP WE NEED A DOCTOR IN HERE SHE STOPPED BREATHING!" i yelled. 

"CODE BLUE!" I heard a nurse yell. I few nurses walked into the room as well as Dr. Grey. A couple nurses pushed us out of the room ,closing the door. I looked through the window next to the door to see them using the paddles to attempt to wake her up. I started to shake of nervousness. "Cmon Jas." i whispered, "Fight, fight for me.... your family and Matt and Cam...." i said. "Please." I said. "I can't loose you....