-Fifty Two-

I laid on the little cushioned bed in the doctor's office and the nurse put some of the cold get on my stomach, taking an ultrasound of the baby. Shawn held my hand and we looked at the screen. "They're so small." Shawn said. 

I giggled and nodded. "Wait." I said, "Is the baby supposed to be this small?" I asked. " I did some research online and they had photos and the baby at the corse shouldn't look so small." I asked the nurse worryingly.

"I'm just here to take photos and such, the doctor will tell you everything." The nurse told me.

"But you should know." Shawn said. 

"We just wanna know that our baby is okay." I said, starting to get worried.

"I'm sorry I am not authorized to tell patients anything about their child. Doctor Oswald will be with you soon to tell you the gender and and the heath of the baby." The nurse explained.

"So is it healthy??" Shawn asked, his grip on my hand beaming tighter. The nurse printed out a photo and handed it to me. "Doctor Oswald will be with you shortly." The nurse spoke then left the room. I cleaned off my stomach of the gel and covered it with my shirt once more. I looked at the photo of our child in our hand and got nervous. "What if our baby isn't healthy?" I asked. "What if they aren't okay?" I asked.

"Sh sh sh baby girl it's okay." Shawn said, placing a kiss on my temple, wrapping his arms around me. "Doctor Oswald will be here soon and I promise the baby will be okay," Shawn said, reassuringly. I sighed then nodded. The door opened, causing Shawn and I to look up. We saw Doctor Oswald standing there. He shook our hands, greeting us as always and Shawn couldn't stop himself to ask. "How is our baby?" Shawn blurted out, putting his hand on my stomach, his other arm wrapping around me. 

"Would you like to know the gender?" He asked us.

"Yes," Shawn and I spoke in unison, trying to stay calm. 

"It's a baby girl." Doctor Oswald said. I smiled wide, as well as Shawn. "A baby girl." Shawn said, chuckling. "I bet she's a beautiful, healthy little baby girl." Shawn spoke. I Smiled wide, staring into Shawn's eyes before I turned back to see the doctor's happiness, disappearing... gone. 

"Doctor?" I asked him. "Is she okay? Is she healthy???" I asked him.

"Miss White, have you been eating recently?" he asked me.

"Of corse....." I said, getting nervous.

"Are you sure?" he asked me. I looked down at my hands in my lap and didn't say anything. 

"She hasn't been eating a lot." Shawn said for me. "She says she's to hungry but I always try and get her to eat but she doesn't last time she ate was yesterday, she ate one bite of the muffins we made and before that she didn't eat for about 5 days or so." Shawn spoke. 

I looked up at the doctor and he said, "Miss White, are you anorexic?" he asked me. I sat there and stared at him, not saying anything. 

"Babe, answer the doctor's question." Shawn said, rubbing my back.

"Y-yes." I said, struggling to speak, "Kind of." i said, "It just started recently, about a month before the baby,"

"Miss White that means almost 6 months." The doctor said, "Your body has not been getting the nutrients it needs, wether you are hungry or not, your child is starving, starving to death." He spoke. Shawn's hand started to shake. "If you don't start to eat more...." The doctor continued speaking. "You will have a miscarriage." Doctor Oswald said.