-Twenty Two-

I sat down at the table, across from Shawn. I stared at the lasagna. Shawn took a piece and put it on his plate. "It looks really good." i said, getting myself a piece, putting it on my plate. I took a bite and said, "Oh my god Shawn." I said, "This tastes so good. Oh my god."

Shawn laughed before he responded. "Thanks Jas." he said.

"No problem." I said then continued to eat. I looked up at him and saw him staring at me, smiling. "Can I help you Mendes?" I asked. He just kept staring at me as if I didn't say anything with a big smile on his face. I blushed then looked back down, continuing to eat. I looked back up at him after a minute or so to see him still staring at me. "Mendes?" I asked, waving my hand in front of my face for him to notice that I'm trying to get his attention. He chuckled then looked down, eating his lasagna. "You're so weird." I said, giggling.

"you're the weird one." he said.

"How am I weird???" I asked.

"I dunno." Shawn said, "you just are." he said, chuckling. I giggled. This felt like the good old times when we were dating. i felt his leg rub against mine under the table. i looked at him but he continued to eat as if nothing happened. I smiled then continued to eat. When we both finished our meal, I grabbed our plates and walked over to the sink. I set them down and turned the faucet on. I heard Shawn's footsteps com closer to me and soon I could feel his presence behind me. He tried to grab the plates from me saying, "Here let me do it."

"No Shawn." i said as I gently grabbed his wrist, stopping him. I put his arms around my waist and continued washing the dishes, which was something I did every time he tried to do the dishes but I wouldn't let him. Once i was done I put the dishes in the dishwasher, then turned around and looked up at Shawn, his arms still around me. I smiled, staring into his eyes. I got out of his grip then walked into the living room, sitting on the couch. Shawn sat down next to me and put his arm on the top of the couch, behind me. He turned the tv on and put on some random show. I put my head on his shoulder and he rested his head on top of my head. "Doesn't this feel like the good old times??" he asked. I turned my head to look at him, "yea." I said gently, "It does." I said as I stared into his eyes.

He put his hand on my cheek, caressing it with his thumb. I turned my head towards his cheek and smiled, as he continued to caress it. I missed the good old times.... I missed then a lot. I turned my head to face him again. Shawn was staring down at my lips, "It's so hard not to kiss you right now." he blurted out.

"what is stopping you?" I asked, craving his lips on mine. He leaned in slowly, looking down at my lips. I leaned in as well and he kissed me passionately. I could feel my stomach churn as my heart started to beat loudly and fastly. He put both his hands on my cheeks, his fingers by my neck because his hands are so big. I put my arms around his neck and continued to kiss him as our sweet kiss turned into a passionate make out session. I feel myself falling back onto the couch so I was laying down. Shawn hovered over me, still kissing me. As we both mutually leaned away from the kiss, our foreheads rested on one another, staring into each other's eyes. "wow." i said out of breath, smiling wide.

"I love you." he said, "I never stopped loving you Jasmine." he said, staring into my eyes. "I'm sorry." he said then sat up. "I-I shouldn't have said that." he said then got up, leaving the room. I chased after him and stopped him, halfway up the stairs, grabbing his wrist. He turned to face me, "I might never be your knight in shining armor. I might never be the one you take home to mother. And I might never be the one who brings you flowers" he said. "But I love you jasmine." He spoke, "I love you, I always have and I always will."

"I love you too." I said. "I love you too Shawn." I said. Shawn smiled wide then picked me up, spinning us in a circle. "Stairs stairs stairs shawn!" I yelped. "We're on the stairs." I said. Shawn ran up the stairs and ran into my room, and continued to spin me. I laughed, throwing my head back. Shawn put me down, back on my feet. He held my small face with his large hands. "I love you so much." he said before giving me another kiss. I smiled into the kiss. "Stop smiling," He said, "I can't kiss you if you're smiling." he said. I giggled. "Stop itttt." Shawn whined. I laughed then kissed his cheek.

A/N: Who caught the 1D lyric in this chapter??😏