Special Chapter

Special Chapter

Michio's POV

They say love is the best feeling in the world.

Well, yes, I would agree to that.

But, in this cruel world, there would always be a catch on everything.

There would be a glitch in the system. That one thing that could ruin everything.

That 'glitch' happened a while ago to me. And just like that, my heart shattered into billion pieces.

Ianna Gersen Alonzo was the only girl I ever loved. I always make sure to keep her happy.

Apat na taon ko siyang hinintay at niligawan bago nakuha ang matamis niyang 'Oo'.

Nung una pa lang, ramdam ko na hindi buo ang puso niya sa pagsagot sa akin. So, I made sure to win it and... I thought I did.

Pero nagkamali ako.

That party where Lance kissed her... The rumors spreading... Her cold treatment to me sometimes... Her lies...

I kept on asking myself where did I go wrong. Am I not enough for her?

I did everything she wants. Gave her everything she needed. I gave myself whole but all she did was break me.

Sinuntok ko ang pader ng kwarto ko at naramdaman ang matinding sakit sa kamao'ng ginamit. But, it wasn't enough.

The pain I feel inside my heart was greater. A simple punch to the wall would never take it away.

Ilang araw na akong nakakulong sa kwarto ko. Napakagulo na nito dahil hindi naman makapasok ang mga katulong para makapaglinis. Well, hindi ko talaga sila pinapapasok. Nilock ko ang pinto nito.

The last person who came here was Ianna. After that, I threatened the maids that I would fire them if they let anyone in again.

Sila mommy at daddy? They couldn't do anything. I know they're worried sick about me, but, I don't want them to intervene.

Hindi ko alam if they have any idea on what happened kasi I don't talk to them. They just knock at my door if they would bring me food.

Yes, I do eat. Hey, it's not the end of the world just because I found out that the love of my life cheated on me... Though, it felt like it.

Mom once told me na araw-araw daw pumupunta si Ianna sa bahay. Hinihintay niya lang daw ako na lumabas ng kwarto and she would fail every day.

Ilang araw na nga ba ang lumipas after 'that' night?

Well, today's exactly the 16th day. Hindi na ako pumasok sa school since then.

Hindi ko kayang makasama sa iisang classroom sila Ianna at Lance. Baka makapatay lang ako.

Funny how anger could make you do things that you thought you couldn't do. Akala ko love lang ang ganun.

Humiga ako sa kama ko at ipinikit ang aking mga mata. I couldn't sleep. Siguro nga ay mukha na akong wasted.

Ilang scheduled photoshoots na ang di ko nadaluhan. My manager is dead mad at me already.

He called me gazillion times asking kung anong balak ko and I told him I'll attend tomorrow. That I just need some break.

As I was enjoying the silence, biglang nagring ang phone ko for the nth time this day.

I already know who it is.

Ianna.

She would call me everyday kahit na di ko naman talaga sinasagot ang kahit na isa dito.

I was tempted to pero the painful memory of seeing her kiss Lance was enough to stop me.

I couldn't deny that I miss her so much. Sanay ako na lagi siyang nasa tabi ko. We were always together since we were kids.

Recounting all our memories gave me happiness and pain at the same time.

With that, umiyak na naman ako.

She was the only one I ever wanted. Bata pa lang kami, I promised myself that I'd marry her. Lahat ng babaeng nagkagusto sakin at lumapit ay iniwasan ko. I turned them down.

Naging mailap ako sa mga babae sa dati kong school. I don't want Ianna to see me getting close with another girl.

Since high school, ang alam ng mga magulang namin ay kami. I was so happy. Both sides agreed to engage us.

Pero lahat ng yun, wala na. Napapagod na akong mahalin si Ianna. I always go on chasing her.

I love her. I do. Pero lagi nalang ba'ng ako ang maghahabol? Would I always be the one on the side of the cliff? Would I always be the one risking everything I have?

Well, I've had enough. If she would keep slipping from my grasp, then I'll stop trying to reach for her.

I'm tired of being the one who runs to where she would be. I'm tired of chasing her.

Alam ko na ngayon na kahit kailan, di ko siya maaabot. Na kahit anong bilis ng takbo ko, kahit anong ruta, di ko siya mahahabol. I will never be able to stop this chase.

I'll always lose this game.

Inabot ko ang phone ko at tinawagan ang isang taong lagi kong maaasahan.

"Hello, Tori." bati ko sa PA ko. Yes, I have a PA but hindi ko siya laging nakakasama though we're close.

Mabait si Tori at laging siya ang taong pinapagawa ko ng errands ko. She doesn't complain kaya I like her.

"Yes, Michio. What do you need? You don' call me for nothing." straight to the point niyang sabi.

"Of course." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"So, what is it?" tanong niya.

"I want you to book me a flight to Japan. Gusto ko makaalis by next week. I'll just finish all my commitments here." I told her.

"Okay." that's what I like about her the most. Hindi siya chismosa. She just do what she was told.

"Thank you. Bye." then I cut the line.

This is the only solution I could think of. For now, I need to get away. I need time away from her.

Sa ngayon, di ko pa siya kayang makita kaya I'd stay where I would never see any trace of her.

I need to heal my heart and I know I would need tons of time.