EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

MICHIO'S POV

"Michio, I love you." I was drunk, but, the words that came out of Yui's mouth was very clear to me.

"What are you saying, Yui?" patay-malisya kong tanong sa kanya.

Yui kept on visiting me at home since the time I opened up the misunderstanding between me and Ianna. I told her about the phone call Ianna received from Lianna.

And since the time I came back to Japan, I kept on thinking about the things I've done wrong. Every night that passed by was agony. I wanna talk to Ianna, but, everytime I try to contact her, she's unavailable. Ilang months din akong walang balita tungkol sa kanya.

I drowned myself with work and alcohol. Oh yeah, and studies. I read the online modules that my profs sent me and took special online exams. Mabuti na rin na may ginagawa ako dahil baka mabaliw na ako kung si Ianna ang iisipin ko buong araw.

"I love you, Chio. I have loved you since then. And I will do everything to make you love me." In her eyes, I found determination and passion which made my heart ache for the things I could not give.

"But, I already love someone else." Malungkot kong sabi sa kanya. It pains me to hurt someone, but, that's the truth. Yui is a good friend to me, but, that's just what she'll ever be.

"But, she doesn't love you anymore. She left you, right? She didn't listen to your explanation." She pushed. Why does she have to remind me about that? It hurts like hell.

"Stop, please." I told her.

"Chio, just choose me. I'll never hurt you. I'll never leave your side. I would always believe you." She walked closer to me and held my face.

Umiling ako nang bigla niya akong hinalikan sa labi. Sa gulat ko ay hindi ako nakagalaw agad.

Nang matauhan ako ay humiwalay agad ako sa halik and that's when my world started to slowly fall apart.

"Ianna!" napuno ng takot at kaba ang puso ko nang halos patakbo ko nang lapitan si Ianna sa may pintuan. Her eyes were filled with tears na lalo kong ikinatakot. I held her shoulders at pinilit siyang tignan ako sa mga mata.

"Ianna, let me explain." Takot kong sabi sa kanya. She was not looking at me and I am so scared of what might happen next. She's here in Japan and I know that there is a reason why she's thousands of miles from her hometown just to see me.

I pulled her to my chest to hug her but before I could even do that, she pushed me so hard that I was thrown a few feet away from her.

"NO!" she shouted and that made my heart almost jump out of my chest.

Kung may bagay na mas makakapagpatakot sa akin, ito na yata yun. Ianna's anger is seething through her eyes and I know this might be the end for us kung hindi ko aayusin agad.

I was half mad already because Yui remained silent while watching Ianna burst out in front of us. Ni wala siyang ginagawa para i-explain ang nangyari.

I tried my luck again at lumapit kay Ianna, but, what I received was a hard slap. I was caught off guard with that slap na hindi ko namalayan na tumakbo na siya paalis.

Shit!

I followed Ianna dahil sa takot na kung anong maaaring gawin niya.

For God's sake, she's in an unfamiliar country!

Mas binilisan ko ang takbo pababa ng hagdan. Nang nasa unang palapag na ako ay nakita kong nakabukas na ang pinto at dali-daling hinagilap ang susi ng sasakyan sa lamesa sa tabi ng hagdanan.