Chapter 38

"So what's it gonna be, (Y/N)?" Pitch asked, an evil smirk plastered across his pale, greyish face.

You didn't speak, all words had left you. But the expression that you wore as you looked at him was filled with absolute disgust.

"You do know that I could slit his throat just with the move of my hand, right?" he said.

You opened your mouth this time, really wanting to make a comeback to his cruel words. But a familiar voice behind Pitch interrupted before you even had the chance to whisper a syllable.

"And you do know that I could stab you with just the shove of my hand, right?" the voice spoke, causing you and Pitch to turn around, well, Pitch just moved a little as he felt something sharp poking into his back. Hiccup's green eyes were glancing back, desperately trying to see whom it was, you assumed that he didn't recognized the voice like you had... you knew immediately who it was, you just didn't think that he would find you...

Behind Pitch, Baron stood steadily with a sharp dagger in his hands stuck forward into the dark figure's back, his expression would be considered nonchalant, if only it weren't for his vaguely furrowed eyebrows. Pitch laughed, surprisingly all three of you. Usually, most people wouldn't be laughing out loud if they had someone stick a dagger in your back and could easily stab through you.

"Is this one of your other little pathetic friends?" Pitch grinned a grin that showed nothing but pure malice. He then glanced over at Baron from the corner of his eye, "You do know you can't kill me, right? I'm already dead."

"Who said anything about killing you?" Baron asked in a serious tone.

Pitch parted his lips, prepared to muster a reply to him. But instead of mocking words, complete silence left them as a loud snap chorus through the eerie air of the woods. You blinked your wide eyes; it happened so quick that if you had blinked not a second earlier, you would've missed it.

Baron's hands dropped the dagger that hit the dirt with a faint thump, then they were instantly around Pitch's neck, twisting it with great force and snapping it harshly. Pitch fell onto the ground like the dagger had just moments ago and Hiccup was released from his grasp.

"Hiccup!" you exclaimed as you rushed forward to him, catching his arm as you did. "Are you okay?"

"Yea, just... I-I could've taken him, just so you know." Hiccup said, his eyes darted over to Baron.

Baron bent down to pick up the dagger and replied, "Yea, but if I wasn't here, you'd already be dead, just so you know." He added the last part mockingly, making Hiccup roll his eyes.

"W-what are you doing here anyway?" you inquired Baron. "I thoug-"

"I should ask you all the same question." Baron's gaze then stopped over at Jack for a second before falling back on you. "Is he dead?"

"No!" you sighed, exasperated, then halted when you realized that Jack was a spirit... "Wait, yes... but no... Yes and no!"

"Alright then." Baron said, a ghost of a smirk crossed his face and you wanted to roll your eyes at him but was reminded of more important matter at hand.

"I thought you were going back to Marcus... Wait, do you have the cure?" Not that that was why you were searching for him...

He seemed to hesitate for a moment, which was odd as it didn't really fit his normal confident behavior. "Yes and no..."

You raised an eyebrow. "What does that mean?"

"I..." he trailed off and the sound of loud, stomps of feet and metal clinging interrupted the once calm atmosphere of the forest. The footsteps became louder and louder by each passing second. "What's that...?" you asked meekly.

"I might've got caught after I found the cure..."

Your eyes enlarged at his words, and also the increased volume of the many footsteps. "You what?!"

"And I might have got Marcus and his men coming after me..." he mumbled, biting his bottom lip for a split second, if you weren't in grave risk of getting caught by vicious hunters who were trying to kill you, you would've found that attractive... if.

You then heard a faint groan from Hiccup who stood beside you; you'd almost forgotten that he was there... Jeez, what a great girlfriend you are... if you two were actually dating...

"We are in deep shit..." he murmured, wide eyed and opened-mouthed.

Yes, yes we are...