Chapter 43

Hiccup stared at Marcus, his face wore an expression of absolute disbelief, you weren't surprised as both you and Baron had the same reaction towards the man's words.

"Wha- That's impossible!" Baron was the one who spoke up, his eyebrows vaguely furrowed in either anger or frustration, maybe even both.

"Ah, but it is," Marcus corrected. "Would you like to hear the story of how this all came to be?" he asked mockingly, his grin cruel and it disgusts you.

None of you reply, so taking the silence as a nod of 'yes', he began telling the story. "Twenty years ago, news surfaced that Stoick The Vast's first son was born, everyone cheered, the people of Berk were happy." He took a short pause as he allowed his eyes to glance over at Hiccup for a moment before carrying on. "Then, three years later, his second son was born. This caused just as much commotion as the birth of his first! Everyone were overjoyed... everyone except my father."

"Your father?" Hiccup questioned, finally regaining his composure and ability to speak.

"Oh," Marcus said, a devious smile tugged at his lips. "You might know him, he was such a great man, such. He had mastered up such a brilliant plan... but that plan was destroyed by a certain dragon-friending chief." He then glared at Hiccup.

Hiccup's eyes widened as he'd finally made the realization. "Y-your Drago Bluvist's son..."

Marcus' smile dissolved into a grin. "Indeed I am."

"I-I didn't know he had a son..." Hiccup trailed off.

"Well, of course you wouldn't know!" Marcus practically spat. "Who are you to him for him to tell you of his personal secrets?"

"Secret?" You asked, finally found your voice. "So he kept you as a secret?"

Marcus nodded simply. "Yes, but he did have his reasons."

"Such as?" you inquired further, but he came so close and invaded your personal space and your sudden courage vanished. "That," he hissed. "Is none of your business."

You swallowed the lump that you didn't know was caught in your throat and pulled back. His grin grew.

"Wait, so why did he take me?" Baron asked aloud, he obviously hasn't gotten what he'd wanted from Marcus yet.

"And, why didn't I remember or even knew about Baron?" Hiccup joined in as well.

Marcus' hard gaze darted over to the both of them, "To get revenge of course, and you were too young to remember. Also I suppose Stoick didn't want you to know about him... either out of shame or he'd forgotten all about you."

You noticed from the corner of your eye that Baron's shoulders slumped back and his eyes softened and saddened. Oh boy... He might look and act like he's tough and fearless, but just the littlest words like a parent not loving their child or had forgotten about them tears him apart...

You couldn't help but feel sympathy for him... If your parents had forgotten about you, you would be completely crushed, maybe even worse than that! ...Inside, he was just as vulnerable and insecure as you were...

"Then why didn't he kill me...?" you could hear Baron's voice crack... no matter how hard he tried to hide his emotions, they seemed to be all welling up onto the surface. "You said he took me for revenge, so why didn't he kill me? Why didn't you kill me?"

"Because what use would you be if we did so?" Marcus stated. "Taking you away from him was just part of his revenge, phase two was to train you, make you into the perfect fighter. Every quality that you possess are ones that make the perfect soldier, the perfect killer."
Baron looked up to meet his eyes. "So phase two was to send me to kill my father."

Marcus smirked in a look that was somewhat pride. "You were always quick to catch on."

You felt your heart ache as Baron shut his eyes and sucked in a deep breath, he was holding himself back from crying, you knew it...

"But alas, phase two had been ruined," Marcus gave a quick glance over at Hiccup. "Stoick died a death that was far more prideful than the one we'd had in mind for him."

"You're a monster!" Hiccup glared fiercely.

Marcus chuckled and he was about to reply to him but a man appeared by the doorway, calling for Marcus. He turned around and the man by the door informed him that there were some things that he'd needed to do. Marcus gave him a nod before turning his attention back to us once again.

"My, I guessed we've ran out of time." He started, his grin still intact. "But I had quite a 'pleasant' time with you all."

He then headed towards the door and the man stood aside for him to exit. He turned his head back at us and said one last remark before shutting the door and locking it securely, "Oh, and good luck on getting your dragon blood."