Chapter 25

"Moving time sweetheart." Baron strode purposefully towards you, head held high as a wicked grin covered his face from ear to ear. You shrunk back, intimidated by how happy he was but you couldn't stop yourself from saying, "Where?"

Baron raised an eyebrow, clearly surprised that you'd questioned him. "I thought about our chat earlier-"

"And?" Hopes of escaping started to fill you. Maybe he was letting you go...

"And I've decided that your impoliteness needs to be punished." He still had a cheeky grin on his face as he reached your side, carelessly flipping his sandy blonde hair out of his face and leaning down.

"What-" You started to say but your felt something hard jab your arm. You yelped and almost as soon as the pain was there it was gone. Baron grinned and you only just caught sight of the sharp needle that had pierced your flesh before you fell into a deep sleep.

❅ ❀ ❆

Head spinning, you woke, finding yourself sitting on something hard. Your heavy eyes slid open, taking in your surroundings. You were in a windowless and compact room. Every wall was made of pure concrete. Your eyes widened and you tried to stand, finding yourself prevented by thick metal chains binding you by the wrists and ankles to the cool hard chair you were forced on. On the opposite side of the room you spied a door that, at the moment, was completely useless to you. You shook your head, annoyed, eyes falling on Baron.

"Oh, you're still here?" You growled, biting your lip.

"Yep." Baron popped the p and smirked. You turned your head, glancing at the small bump on your arm where the needle had been inserted.

"That was mean." You snarled.

"I was impatient." Baron chuckled at the joke. You raised an eyebrow. "So technically that means I should be allowed to drug you?"

Baron immediately ceased laughing, eyes darkening. You started moving your wrists, trying to break free of the bonds. "You know you can't keep me here forever right?"

"What makes you so sure?" Baron asked.

You sighed. "Ok, so what? You've got me? What's your plan now, you big-shot?"

"You're kinda hot you know?" Baron smirked, folding his arms across his chest, "I love your feisty personality-"

"Well get in line boy... I've already got other offers." In all honesty, you weren't sure if that was true anymore.

"Oh, I intend to." He grinned, "But right now I've got more important things to do." Suddenly his face was level with yours, inches away. "Where is Hiccup?" He growled. It sounded more like a statement then a question.

"I don't know." You huffed, "And this is a waste of your time."

"Oh, do tell me why your majesty." Baron rolled his eyes.

You were going to be honest. "Because he left me."

Baron seemed to consider this. He tapped his chin thoughtfully before resting his gaze on you again. 'I believe you.' He said simply. "But-" He started to smile, a wide evil grin. You felt fear within you as he looked at you, leaning forward so his lips touched your ear. You flinched and heard him chuckled. "But I know he still has feelings for you."

"Had." You corrected but you couldn't stop the feeling of hope within you. It made you feel guilty but you couldn't help it.

"Has." Baron spat. He pulled away and looked at you. "Now... sweetheart... this could either be really easy or a whole world of pain." He grinned,

"And either way I will get my answers." He reached into his pocket, pulling out something you couldn't see. You pulled away, frightened, but also curious as to what the item was.

Baron smiled. "What will it be sweetheart? Easy or painful?" You finally caught sight of what it was. A small knife, sharp and deadly... You groaned. You were frightened but you had to act brave. You knew acting scared would put you at a disadvantage... Or maybe it wouldn't? After all you were only going off what you'd read in books...

"Neither." You wanted to sound strong, but your voice cracked slightly. He heard it. "Scared are we?" He chuckled. You spat at him. He jerked back in surprise, wiping his face.

"Oh, I see how it is." His eyes were filled with hate but that loveable yet wicked grin covered his face, "You've chosen the hard way."